Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 24: Show Me the SWEAT!!

Today was such a great day. It all revolved around an amazing workout I had - and I can actually say I enjoyed every minute of it.

As I've mentioned, I've been doing some walking at the local walking track. Well, now it's just getting too hot - even early in the morning. So, today, I dusted off my treadmill and thought I'd use it. Haven't used it in FOREVER!! LOL I hooked up my radio, blasted some music, and off I went. I walked, and walked, and walked some more - for 30 minutes. Not only did I just walk for 30 minutes, but I walked at it set at 4 mph so ended up walking 2 miles!! The first 10 minutes were a little painful, because my legs were still sore from my pool trip on Thursday..LOL I just pushed through it, and the pain slowly went away. It was also around the 10 minute mark that the sweat beads started forming, and I started feeling some dampness on my neck. By the time the 30 minutes were over I felt like I had just taken a shower - but the feeling I had was AMAZING!! It felt so great to be so sweaty, it felt so great knowing I had just pushed thru a 30 minute walk without any real problems. This is a huge accomplishment for me, cause 4 short weeks ago I could barely walk for 15 minutes without feeling like my chest was going to explode.

I felt so energetic after my walk, I hit the home gym to do some work with the weights. I did 2 sets of 15 reps on 3 different arm exercises - each time lifting 35lbs! Again, after I was done, I felt GREAT!!

I decided to treat myself out with some friends tonight. We went to a pizza place/ bar to watch the UFC fights. I had such a great time. Yes, I had a few beers - but stuck with lite beer. I ate a low fat wrap instead of pizza, so I did good. I got all made up, I felt great - people made comments about my weight loss...I was literally on cloud nine today. Such GREAT motivation!!

Till next time, my lovelys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!