Friday, December 10, 2010

Counting my Blessings

I really feel that I've done a lot of complaining, lately.  Not just lately, for the past couple of months.  First, I was complaining over not having motivation to work out.  Then I was complaining that I didn't have enough time.  Then I was complaining about the Unit and all my other homework.  Whine, whine, whine.  No wonder people have stopped reading my blog - I'm a total Debbie Downer!!

To help me get back to being the upbeat, no whining, no excuses, laugh out loud person that I truly am I figured I would do a special post today.  I think that when I get to complaining and groaning - I lose sight of the things that I'm grateful for.  I lose sight of everything that I've been blessed with.  So, today, I'm going to count my blessings...literally.

I know that I've been blessed....

1.  When I wake up in the morning.  I mean, come on, the fact that I'm able to wake up at the butt crack of dawn each morning has to be the first thing - right?  Just being given another day is a true blessing.

2.  When I can stand in my closet for fifteen minutes trying to decide what to wear.  I couldn't say that ten years ago.  Back then I owned about 3 pairs of pants, 5 t-shirts, and a couple of sweaters.  Knowing that I can now choose from a walk-in closet FULL of clothes is a nice reminder of how great my life is.

3.  Because I can still fit in to my size 16 pants, despite the fact that I've eaten nothing but junk food for the past month.  I know that I've gained a few pounds since I decided to take my "hiatus" from my weight loss journey - but not having to go up in pant size (yet) makes me a very happy gal.

4.  When I have junk food in my house - any food for that matter.  Despite having a full time job that pays absolutely nothing - I still have food.

5.  Because I have a reliable car to get me to work everyday and a warm house to come home to every night.  Again, luxuries I haven't always had. 

6.  When I have a man that absolutely HATES his job, but goes in every night and works his butt off just to keep this household afloat while I work my full time job that pays nothing.

7.  Because that same man, and the job that he hates so much, gave me the opportunity to go to school to pursue my career dream.  He was willing to do whatever it took to support me, help me, and pick up the slack that came with me quitting my cushy, well paid job to go to school. 

8.  When after a long, trying day, I have three beautiful children that can make all the bad fade away.  To see their amazing, contagious smiles puts a smile on my face.  Those same three children put up with mommy being too busy, mommy complaining about how much work she has to do, and not seeing mommy as much as they'd like - because they understand how important my schooling is to me.  They show the value of true, unconditional love.

9.  Because I have the most amazing and loving parents.  My mom is always a phone call away - day or night - to listen to my complaining and whining and grumbling...and never passes judgement.  She shows her pride in me, and supports me.  My father, although the quiet type, is always willing to lend a hand or do what he can to make life easier for me.

10.   Because I have friends - true friends - that know exactly what I'm going through...because they are dealing with the same.  I know that I am never "the only one" that's going through what I'm going through when I have piles of homework and not enough hours in the day.  I know that I can call on them when I need them - whether it be for help, advice, or just to kick back and release some stress.

I know that each and every day that I wake up, I have been given opportunities, a family that loves me, and friends that care.  My blessings are not measured by the amount of money in the bank (or the lack thereof).  Even though I complain - I always know that my life is great.  I am happy and thankful and grateful to have the life that I have - and would NEVER wish for it any other way.

Have you counted your blessings, lately?

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!