Thursday, December 30, 2010

Had to Do Something Productive

This morning's post bothered me.  I whined and moaned about being bored, so I went about finding something productive to do.  I just couldn't leave that post being it for the day - so I now come with more upbeat news...exciting news, to me anyway.

This morning, I found a new iPhone app that I can't wait to try out.  It's called LogMyRun.  You might have noticed the new widget that is now showing up down the side of the blog.  I know, it's empty right now...but get ready for it to be filled with RUNNING!!!
So, this new app.  It's not just any ordinary app.  It's a full weight loss/ running/ exercise of all kinds interactive log - and I'm already in love with it.  The best part?  It's 100% FREE!!! No, I have not been paid to promote it - I just wanted to share.

I downloaded the app just because I found it browsing for an iPhone pedometer.  I have a trail that I like to run, but I have no idea how long it is.  This app promoted being able to log miles - so I downloaded it - having no idea at the plethora of other goodies it also includes.  The app also comes with built in training schedules, an option to create your own schedules, weight loss tracker, graphs, tips, articles, videos...you name it, this thing has it!  Another great bonus?  It automatically logs my stats after my run - so I don't have to manually enter anything!!  It's kind of like a BodyBug, but without costing me $250!!  It will track the calories I'm burning while I'm working out, the miles I've ran, updates my training schedule...yes, folks, I am in LOVE!!!

At any time, I can go online and check on all of my accomplishments, the total number of miles I've ran to date, and add other activities if I want - such as swimming or bike riding.  I plan on starting my "official" training program on Monday, but you can bet I will be out on Sunday trying out all the fun gadgets and gizmos.  I don't think I've ever been this excited about a weight loss/ exercise tool in my life!!! 

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that it's as awesome as the first impressions imply!! 

Now I feel better - much better blog post for the day.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!