Thursday, December 23, 2010

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas...

I can feel the pangs of excitement rushing through my body.  My insides feel like a Nascar track.  Today is the last day before all of the Christmas festivities commence - and I can barely control myself.  Isn't it funny that I'm this excited?  Here I am, 28 years old, and anyone would think I was 10 with how excited I am.  Tomorrow will seem to last forever, even though I have some fun things planned to help the time go by. 

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day.  I took Jelly for her 3 year check up.  She's now 3'3" tall and weighs 38 lbs.  She ranks in the 90th percentile for height and weight.  Not sure where she gets her height from.  I'm 5'6" and her dad is 5'11".  Maybe I have a supermodel in the making!  After our hour long visit with the doctor, we headed to Wal-Mart for a few things then it was back home to the comfort of my couch.  At Wal-Mart, I picked up some new yarn to start a new blanket.  They didn't carry the baby yarn I was using, so I had to scrap the baby blanket.  I'm now working on a hot pink and purple striped blanket for Jelly.  She's very excited and asks me every 2 minutes if I'm done.

Speaking of Jelly, she has developed quite a knack at insulting me.  I don't think she's intentionally doing it - but it packs quite a punch when she does.  Try not to laugh too hard as I share her little "observations". 

So, she's helping me fold laundry on Tuesday.  She's handing me my clothes so that I can hang them in the closet.  She hands me a shirt, and I walk into the closet.  Then I hear "Mom, these are the biggest pants I've ever seen!"  I step out of the closet to see her holding up a pair of my sweat pants.  I feel my cheeks begin to heat up - I was blushing.  That NEVER happens to me!! My three year old daughter had made me feel embarrassment.  It didn't stop there, either.  She let out the same exclamation each time she pulled out a pair of my pants.  Out of the mouths of babes, right?  Geez.

Yesterday, on our way home from our errand run, Jelly is singing away with the Christmas music.  All of a sudden, completely out of the blue, she says "Mom, you're old".  Butter, who was in the car with us, couldn't help but split his sides with laughter.  I laughed, also, just because of the spontaneity of the situation - but my goodness, child...lay-off me!  I asked her how old she thought I was.  Her response?  "Just old, Momma".  Nice.

The old comment doesn't bother me.  I'm 28.  Not exactly time to start worrying about retirement or anything.  In Jelly's eyes, I am old - compared to her.  She's 3.  The pant comment hit a little more closer to home.  I know that I'm determined on starting over with my weight loss journey in January, but knowing that I'm under the watchful eye of my toddler makes things a little more important.  It really got me thinking about how much damage I've done to myself in the past two months.  I feel my clothes getting tighter.  I see the weight coming back when I look in the mirror.  I feel the fatigue that the weight brings, the lack of motivation...it all makes me want to scream out loud - yet, I still do nothing. 

Then I realize, that this is OK.  Knowing that I am bothered by the situation is enough for me, right now.  It has motivated me to start working on my "game-plan" for January.  I've already started making my own list - and checking it twice.  I've started planning my work-outs.  I've started thinking about the foods that I'm going to eat.  Come January, 1st, I will stand on the scale and prepare myself for the shock.  I will use that shock to fuel my fire, spark my motivation, and propel me into the year of getting to my goal weight.  I know that I will have a further road to travel, with the weight that I know I've gained - but I'm ready to make the journey.

OK, enough about that until January - it's CHRISTMAS!!  Time for presents!!  This morning, I opened the second to last gift from Danielle...

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, my new friend sent to me...
Some great stuff to keep my feet soft, warm, and cozy!!

She did it again.  I can now check something else off of my "want" list, and that would be a pair of moisturizing socks.  I've seen them, I've heard about them, I've wanted a pair for myself - but put off buying some.  Now, I can give myself a well deserved mini pedi with these amazing socks.  They are warm, cozy, and lined with Shea butter to help smooth out the.. urm..well..roughness that has been brought about by the winter.  To go along with the socks, she included a couple of body butters - to really help with the moisturizing process.  I plan on trying them out this afternoon, as soon as I get home from taking the kids Christmas shopping for the family.

Well, folks, I have to get ready...the kids want to go and buy gifts for family so I'm going to have to deal with the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers - YEA!! *insert sarcasm*

Everyone have a fantastic Thursday - Christmas Eve Eve.

Till next time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ your daughter!
    Mine has a bit of a knack for that herself, LOL!

    I love that gift - I need some of that for my feet!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!