Friday, December 17, 2010

On the Fourth Day of Christmas...

What a fun day yesterday was.  It was filled with fun, parties, friends....exactly why I love Christmas.  Despite the fact that my 2nd graders knew we were having a Christmas party, they were so good all morning.  They didn't act crazy, they weren't out of control.  They did their work, they enjoyed their "educational" games, and they really made the day go by so fast.

The classroom moms did a great job giving the kids a fun time.  The kids got to make Rudolph ornaments, photo ornaments, decorate a cookie, and had a cool book exchange while being read How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  They also enjoyed healthy snacks of fruit and cheese.  That was something you don't see very often - and I was really impressed.  The teachers, on the other hand, were treated with HUGE muffins and hot chocolate...and they were delicious!!

After school, I had the opportunity to go and do a little shopping.  I had a Christmas dinner to go to with some friends later in the evening - and I didn't want to drive all the way home - so I took the chance to do a little shopping.  I went to Border's and picked up The Christmas Carol - the new one with Jim Carrey.  I've been dying to see it...but I'm tired of waiting for Netflix.  I had a 50% off coupon and $4 still left on my Border's gift card so I ended up paying $10 for it...not bad I don't think. 

Once I was done with my shopping, I headed on over to my friend's house for dinner.  It was such a great evening.  The dinner was for the interns currently at my school and our university liaison.  It was so nice to enjoy a glass of wine, a great meal, and a relaxed atmosphere.  We could laugh about our experiences, share touching moments, and really enjoy not having to worry about "being professional"....not that we weren't, we just didn't have to worry about it.  The food was INCREDIBLE!! We had the most yummy dip (courtesty of an intern) and carrot sticks for an appetizer, baked chicken spaghetti (courtesy of my liaison), Caesar salad, garlic bread, and the most amazing Death by Chocolate dessert (courtesy of one of the interns). 

After the great meal and conversation, we did a little Dirty Santa gift exchange.  I was very happy with what I ended up with....a Super Dooper Reindeer Pooper... LMAO.  It's a reindeer jelly bean dispenser that just so happens to dispense the beans from his...urm...well... you know.  It also came with a nice little 'pile' of brown and yellow jelly beans (coke and butterscotch flavors).  I think I'm going to pass it on to Santa so that he can give it to Butter for Christmas....it's definitely something Butter would get a kick out of.

I didn't get home until 9 last night, and so I didn't open my 4th day of Christmas gift until this morning.  I got to open the gift all by myself - because Jelly is still sleeping.  So...here goes...

On the fourth day of Christmas, my new friend gave to me...
A new cup for my coffee!!!

I tell you what, Danielle is AMAZING!!!  I LOVE these types of coffee cups.  I have a plastic one and almost bought another one last night - because I want one to keep at school and one for home.  This one is ceramic, purple (my favorite color) and soooo nice.  Danielle sure has hit the nail on the head every day, so far.  Even though the information she's received about me is limited - she portrays someone that has known me my whole life with the gifts that she's sent me.  THANK YOU DANIELLE!!!

This morning, I'm in my Christmassy PJs.  I get to go to school in my Christmassy PJs.  It's Polar Express day at the elementary I work in.  The kids (and teachers) come to school in their PJs and enjoy a reading of Polar Express and some hot chocolate - courtesy of the Principle.  I'm really excited...what a comfortable way to spend the day...in my fuzzy, warm, PJs and fleece robe.

Everyone have a FANTABULOUS Friday....I know I will.

Till next time.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!