Monday, December 20, 2010

On the Eighth Day of Christmas...

Well, if this past weekend is any indication of what my next two weeks are going to be like....then my time-off is going to fly by.  Seems like only a few short hours ago, I was celebrating the beginning of my vacation - and now the first weekend is already over with.  Oh well, no time to dwell.  It's time to get things going for enjoying the time off.

First thing - ship all the kiddos off to school.  Yes, I even made the decision to send little Jelly to school today.  I wanted a day, just one day, all to myself.  I don't think it's too much to ask - and the kids don't seem to mind.  I wish I could say that I'll be spending the day relaxing - but I won't.  Nope, I will be making the final preparations for Christmas...the preparations that require no children be about.

I'm very excited about my day.  I get a day like this once a year - doing this stuff, anyway.  Hubby will be in bed, I will have the Christmas music on, and I will spend about 5 hours sorting and arranging and doing all of those Christmassy things that a parent needs to do.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night.  Not really sure why.  I got to read some more of Eat, Pray, Love - yes I'm still reading it *sigh*.  I even wrote a little in my other journal - my personal journal.  At midnight, I tried to go to sleep but still nothing.  Finally, I put on my White Noise app and let the calming sounds of waves crashing put me to sleep.  I've never really held much weight to those machines...but I guess I was wrong.  The noise definitely did the trick!

Alright, going to make it a quick one today - don't have much spare time.  Before I go, I must share the 8th day gift. 

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, my new friend sent to me...
Some things to help me not be smelly!

I know that sounds kind of rude - but it's hard coming up with these rhymes!!  My gift today is a set of soaps - very nice smelling soaps.  They look like they could be hand made or all natural - maybe both.  Either way, they smell wonderful, and I will be using one in the shower today.  Jelly's reaction was quite amusing.  She opened the package and thought it was chocolate.  I had to explain, and then let her smell the soap...I don't think she believed me..LOL

OK, now it's time to get ready for my very full day.  Everyone have a great Monday!!

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!