Saturday, December 04, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm feeling good and rested this morning.  I had a great night's sleep - and now I'm ready to enjoy the day.  Fun things are happening - it's Jelly's birthday tomorrow.  She has no idea - she's bouncing around the house talking to Santa on my iPhone...yes, there's an app for that.  Here in about an hour, the family will be loading up and heading to Oklahoma - to my grandparent's house - to have a little birthday get together for Jelly. 

I haven't seen my grandparents, I believe, since last Christmas.  It's horrible to admit, I feel horrible admitting it, but I'm happy that we get to spend the afternoon with them. 

After the get together, I will be doing a little Christmas shopping - shopping for the 12 days of Christmas blog swap.  I found out who my partner is this morning - so now I can get the gifts.  I'm so excited!!!  I LOVE Christmas shopping - I love buying gifts for people.  This is going to be so much fun.

I'm thinking that tonight is going to be an "all-nighter" in the homework department.  This may sound very, very strange...but I'm actually looking forward to it.  I'm not sure if the excitement of seeing the finish line is motivating me to just get it all done - but I just want to really buckle down and get it out of the way.  I'm so close, yet so far away.  There's still quite a bit to be done - but I think another solid full night of working on it is definitely in order.  I plan on, once again, connecting the coffee IV.  I'm going to put Christmas music on once everyone is in bed and work on it from the comfort of my couch.  That's not usually how I do things - but I work much better when I'm comfortable.  Hopefully the twinkling of the Christmas lights and the music will be just the company I need to help me stay focused.   

I can't imagine what I'm going to do after Tuesday - once the unit is done and turned in.  What will I write about?  If you didn't pick up on the sarcasm in that statement - read it again...and insert sarcasm.  HA! 

Also - in the spirit of the season - each day between now and Christmas, I will be titling my blog after a Christmas song.  I will be writing my own little versions of the song - each day - that should help me get my Christmas juices flowing!!  Let's end today's post with today's song....

I'm Dreaming of a Homework Free Christmas

I'm Dreaming of a homework free Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the stress level is normal
And the blood doesn't boil
And my motivation isn't dangerously low

I'm dreaming of a homework free Christmas
With every paragraph I write
And may my days then be happy and bright
May my finish line be somewhere in my sight

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!