Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the Seventh Day of Christmas...

Last night I went to a Christmas party.  It was a Christmas sweater party.  Sanity and I had both been invited, and being that Sanity and the host were the only people I was going to know at the party...I decided to go with Sanity.  Despite the fact of not knowing anyone, I had a really good time.  We played some Foosball, enjoyed some yummy finger food, and had a great time laughing from great conversation.  I made my way home about 2am this morning...and didn't get my lazy butt out of bed until 10...NICE!!

Before I get to my Christmas gift for the day, I'm going to do another installment of "Dear..." just like I did last Sunday.  I had a lot of fun doing it, and I think I might make it a regular Sunday post.  OK, so here goes...

Dear Peanut...I know that you think it's unfair that I was finished with school on Friday and you still have 3 days left, but I didn't make your school schedule.  It's no good sulking around the house because of it - and it also doesn't mean that I'm going to let you "skip" the next 3 days of school..Sorry.

Dear Peanut..again...I didn't want to leave it on a negative note.  I am still very appreciative of everything that you've done the past few weeks.  I promise that the next two weeks to spend time with you..and we will have a lot of fun.  The evenings will be spent watching Christmas movies, and there will be baking and cooking and shopping to do - that I know you will love.

Dear Butter...I think it's great that you're having such a great time playing with your little sister, however, will you please refrain from games such as tag inside the house?  Especially when your father is trying to play his games...I'm tired of hearing about it.

Dear Jelly...That's right, there's no more diapers.  I'm not buying anymore.  You are 3 years old, it's time you were potty trained.  You can cry all you want - I don't have to get up early for work in the morning for the next 2 weeks...bring it on!!

Dear Retail Stores...I think it's pretty ridiculous that you're trying to rip people off when buying Christmas movies.  Why on earth would I pay $20 for a movie that was released 10 years ago??  Just because it's a Christmas movie doesn't make it an antique heirloom.  I will just wait until January, buy it for $5 and wait until next year to watch it!!

Dear Santa...I'm tired of you getting all of the credit for the hard work that I put into Christmas.  My kids have now been informed that it is I that pays for all the Christmas gifts you bring, and I am also the person that tells you which gifts to bring.  I think I should get some recognition - sorry!

Dear Weather...Please lay off the snow in England.  I'm waiting for family to come, and their flight has been cancelled due to the continuous snowfall.  If you insist on falling, I know I'd be more than happy to have a little of it...not too much, but a nice dusting would be OK.

Dear Self...Don't fret too much about having to move up a size in pants.  You are still able to get into the size 16s, they are just a little too tight for comfort.  Enjoy the next two weeks, and worry about it come January 1st.

Dear Money Tree...I don't know how you did it, but thank you for coming through for me this Christmas.  It seems that whenever I seem to have drained you to the last leaf, you always seem to have the power to bloom just a couple more leaves when I need them the most.  Not sure how, but you pulled through for me this year and I'm very appreciative.

OK, that's enough for today.  Now it's time to get to my 7th day of Christmas gift.  It was a great one, yet again. 

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, my new friend sent to me...
A selection of hot and iced flavored coffees!!

Jelly was excited, at first, because she thought it was hot chocolate...LOL  When I explained that it was coffee, she handed them over and said "they're for you, Momma".  Yep, they are for me...and I'm very excited.  I'm a HUGE coffee drinker - and having this nice little selection to sample this week is going to be delightful!!!

OK, I need to get myself ready to take some stuff to my mom's house.  Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!!

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!