Wednesday, December 22, 2010

On the Tenth Day of Christmas...

I know it's a little early to be thinking about New Year's resolutions...maybe it's not, I don't know...but I've got one that I really need to make this year.  I need to make the resolution to get more organized.

I used to think I was a pretty organized person.  Used to up until yesterday.  I was trying to find my small crocheting loom - something I've seen around the house a gazillion times in the past 6 months.  Do you think I could find it the day I actually needed it?  Of course not.  While turning the house upside down in the hunt for the missing loom, I found my change purse that I've been trying to find for the past two weeks.  The sad thing?  It was right next to my desk.  I had emptied every box, searched every shelf...but I couldn't find the darn thing and it just shows up in my hunt for something else.

While getting frustrated with all of the searching, it occurred to me how disorganized my stuff is.  I'm not sure if I'm unorganized, or I just have too much stuff...but I seriously have to work on doing something about it.  In my change purse, that I haven't seen in two weeks, were mine and Jelly's social security cards....not exactly items that should be getting lost.  Finding them caused me to panic about where Peanut and Butter's cards are.  *SIGH*

I am the world's worst person about putting something somewhere - thinking it's a good place - and then it's almost impossible for me to remember where I put it when I need it.  It's about time I went through all of this junk and categorize, organize, declutter even.  It's now on my to-do list...for 2011.  I know, I should try and get it done while I have a few weeks off...but do I really want to spend my vacation time organizing and declutter?  Urm...no.

Despite spending a couple of hours hunting down my crocheting loom - with no luck - I finally decided to crochet with a regular crochet hook.  I found some baby yarn and started working on a baby afghan.  Baby blankets always come in handy - there's always someone I know that's expecting - so I figured it was a good project to start on.  I was going to make some scarfs or beanies..but the yarn I have isn't really for that type of stuff so it looks as though I'll be making blankets...I'm OK with that.  It was so nice to sit on the couch and crochet.  It took me a whole 3 seconds to get my rhythm...and about a quarter of the blanket is already done.  Of course, I didn't get the cleaning done that I wanted to...but that's on the list for today.

Today, I'm taking Jelly to her 3 year check up.  I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't involve shots.  She's been doing so well with her potty training the past couple of days, the last thing I need she needs is to have needles jabbed into her arm.  I'm curious to see how much she's grown in the past year.  I would know this information already, if I was a good and organized Mommy - one that keeps track of measurements and stuff. 

Jelly had a really good day, yesterday.  She used the toilet all day - and I was one proud momma.  The only downfall came early in the evening - and I'm not talking about an accident.  Jelly's reward for using the toilet was a small piece of chocolate EACH time she went.  Well, the kid used the toilet A LOT yesterday.  By dinner time, she was looking a little pale.  All of a sudden, up came all of the chocolate...all over her, the couch, her blanket and pillow...it was a mess.  I got the couch and stuff cleaned up while Peanut threw her in the bath.  After she was clean, again, she was feeling fine - but she wasn't interested in anymore chocolate.  She kept using the bathroom, she just chose to give Peanut her pieces of chocolate instead...LOL

Speaking of chocolate...it's time to get to my 10th day gift!!

On the Tenth Day of Christmas, my new friend sent to me...
A box of all my favorite candies!!!

All I can say this morning is YUMMY!!!  Jelly's chocolate mishap couldn't of happened on a better day...because she totally wasn't interested in the gift she opened this morning.  Too bad for her, awesome for me.  On the top of the box, there are a handful of Godiva chocolate gems.  Under them are my two absolute FAVORITE kinds of chocolate...Ferraro Rocher and Coconut M&Ms.  Again, Danielle only knew that I LOVED chocolate...but she managed to send me my favorite chocolate.  She truly is amazing.

OK, time to get ready for the doctor.  Everyone have a fantastic Wednesday...we're almost to Christmas!!!

Till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am beaming with how well I did picking stuff out for you. I like your theory of my being a secret agent for the North Pole. :-) I really just guessed a lot and hoped you'd like things. But, my "skills" and services also extend to assisting with clothing shopping. I have been enlisted by several friends on occasion to organize shopping trips (this includes picking stores as well as forcing them to try on whatever I tell them, usually resulting in items they love but would never have tried otherwise).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you definately have skills. I used to think I was a great shopper...but I would kill to have your shopping skills. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!