Monday, December 13, 2010

Holy Nose Icicles, Batman!!

It's 12 degrees outside my house right now - and 56 degrees inside it....BRRR!!!!  My poor, old heating system...it's doing the best that it can, but it can't seem to compete with these frigid temps.  I'm so glad that I have a separate heater in my room - that heats my office, too.  I think I'm going to have to try and find a space heater for the kids' rooms - cause even though they are in their winter jammies, and piled with blankets, there's nothing worse than having to get out of a warm bed into what feels like a refrigerator.  Come on money tree!!!  Sure would be nice to get a bloom or two today. 

So, this is it, the twelve days to Christmas is here - and I couldn't be more excited.  It's possible my 12 days of Christmas gift package will arrive today, and if it does I will share my first present with you all tomorrow.  I have this week left at work, and then I'm off until January 3rd.  How exciting!!

I know this week is going to be super crazy at school - the kiddos are going to be excited, and I'm sure the last thing they're thinking about is how to subtract with regrouping or vowel digraphs or reader's workshop.  They're thinking about what Santa is going to bring them - period.  I can't blame them.  I'm having a hard time thinking about teaching subtraction and digraphs and reader's workshop.  Not really sure how I'm going to get them to focus, when I'll be struggling just as much as they are.  Guess it's a test on my teaching skills - I'm not allowed to just say "it's the week before Christmas, let's just play games and have fun all week"  - as much as I'd like to.  I really just have to get them focused today through Wednesday, because Thursday is the Christmas party and Friday is Polar Express day (the kids dress in their PJs and the principal comes around and reads the story and serves them hot chocolate...cute, huh?)  When activities like that are happening, it's just common sense that there will be no way to get them to do any real school work.

Shifting gears - what an amazing weekend I had.  Peanut and I had some quality Mommy & Me time, Butter had some quality time with Grandma and Grandad, and Jelly had quality time with both her Daddy and I.  I cleaned my office, watched movies, wrote out Christmas cards, drank hot chocolate...it was nice. 

I wrote my final paper of the semester yesterday, and boy did it feel good.  It only took me about an hour, and once I was finished I couldn't help but do a little happy dance.  I don't have any homework to worry about, now, until January - the middle of January to be precise.  Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

So, with all this Christmas cheer - there's one thing I'm noticing.  My pants are starting to get a little tighter.  I'm not really too worried.  I mean, I hate the fact that I'm undoing all of the hard work I've put in to getting into these size 16 pants...but I'm staying positive that it's just temporary and in less than a month I'll be back on my journey to losing weight and in no time I'll be bragging how my size 16s are too big.  As much as I hate knowing that I'm putting on weight - and I'm too scared to get on the scale to find out how much - I needed this break.  The fact that I am thinking about it tells me that I haven't lost sight of my journey - and that this definitely is just a break. 

To be honest, I've already started planning my "game plan" for January.  On top of that list is the Couch to 5K.  I miss running, and so that will be my first "goal" that I set for myself come January 1st.  My other goal will include daily yoga.  I've already downloaded some yoga workouts to start me off again.  See...I'm still in this...next year I WILL GET DOWN TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!

OK, time to get ready for work.

Till next time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of being HW-free quite well! Enjoy it, revel in it, love it-you deserve it!!

    Hope your last week goes well. This is when I love teaching the big kids. Here's your 6 page study guide-you have 2 days :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!