Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's Beginning to Feel a lot Like Christmas

First off, I know I've been rewriting Christmas songs - and said I'd do it up until Christmas - but now that the stress of the Unit is over....I don't really know how to rewrite them anymore.  I feel Christmassy - I can start enjoying Christmas, so there's no real point in trying to rewrite the songs.  I know, I lasted 3 whole days...not sure how, but I did. *insert sarcasm*  You're welcome, if you were getting tired of them...sorry, if you were enjoying them.

Let me tell you how fantastic and awesome and amazing my evening was last night.  Do you know what I did?  I sat on the couch and watched "Eclipse" with the fam and then I went to bed.  Doesn't that sound just absolutely magical?  Maybe not to you - but after what I've been though the past month...IT WAS!

Now that all that stress is gone, I can now finally start enjoying Christmas.  I'm going to kick things off with getting the 12 days of Christmas gift package out tomorrow.  On Sunday, I went out and did my shopping.  Now, I have to wrap the gifts and get them in the mail.  It was really fun shopping for a complete stranger...I'm excited to see how it was for my partner. 

This year, because I was so darn busy, I did a lot of my Christmas shopping online.  It was convenient and I found some great deals.  The packages are starting to arrive - and it's getting me all excited.  Except for the fact of trying to keep them hidden.  It's really hard to try and hide them from the kids when huge boxes are being delivered.  They are curious - of course.  They're getting to the age where they don't buy that I'm having empty boxes delivered to the house..DOH!  My closest is starting to get a little cluttered - and it's not from my clothes.  Just another week and a half, and I can start wrapping!!!

Well, it's time for me to start getting ready for work. 

Enjoy your day, everyone!!

Till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi gift swap buddy!

    We are getting lots of snow here so it is stopping me from getting out and picking up the last two things for your box. So that will happen tomorrow before work, and I will get the box in the mail on Thursday after work. :-)

    This has been lots and lots of fun. I can't wait for you to get your box and to get mine.

    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I've been so busy with moving and classwork that I haven't had any time to really focus on the season yet! I plan on doing that ASAP, though, I LOVE Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!