Tuesday, December 21, 2010

On the Ninth Day of Christmas...

Can you believe it? Just 4 more days till Christmas!!  I can finally be excited because I'm done with everything that I need to do before the big day gets here.  Santa has all the gifts wrapped and ready for delivery Christmas Eve so I can now sit back and enjoy the rest of the week.

Today, I'm going to be cleaning the house a little and then do something I haven't had the time to do since last Winter...I'm going to do some crocheting!!  Crocheting used to be my all time favorite hobby.  I could knock out a scarf in a couple of evenings, and sometimes a beany in one evening.  Year before last, I bought myself some really cool crocheting looms that helped me make some really nice stuff.  Then, of course, life got in the way and all of my crocheting stuff was put away....until NOW!!  I might find that I'm a little rusty - but I'm sure I'll get my groove back in no time.

Last night, I did something I don't usually do - I made dinner for the family.  Yes, I know, that may sound odd...but I'm not the cook in my house.  I am lucky enough to have a man that LOVES to cook.  I cook on occasion, but usually nothing fancy.  Last night I went all out.  I made a Swiss and bacon dip with Melba toast and carrot sticks as an appetizer.  (I was trying out a recipe I got for a friend that I'm making for Christmas Eve.) With that, I made baked chicken spaghetti and garlic bread.  I also enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner - another rare treat.  The dip was awesome!!  The chicken, urm...well, needs some work.  It was OK, though.

Poor Peanut wasn't feeling great last night.  She came home from school and told me that she'd somehow scratched her eyeball.  Poor thing could barely open it, and she was in no mood to help me cook (which was the original plan).  Instead, Hubby got her fixed up with an eye patch and she laid on the couch.  I fixed her some food, and after eating she promptly fell asleep on the couch.  She slept until close to 11 last night and was in quite a bit of pain.  I got her a cold press for her eye, and she laid down again.  This morning, you wouldn't be able to tell that she had such a rough evening.  Her eye appears to be completely healed, and she's running around the house like a chicken without a head getting ready for school.

That's one thing I love about Peanut.  She wasn't happy on Friday because it was my last day at work and she still had three days left of school.  Last night, I gave her the option to stay home from school and she told me she'd see how she felt this morning.  A lot of kids her age would of woken up this morning - regardless of how they really felt - and played it up that they still didn't feel good.  Not my Peanut.  She wants to go to school.  It's a blessing, really, that I have a child that loves school so much.

OK, so now it's the moment you've all been waiting for, my 9th day of Christmas gift...so here goes:

On the Ninth Day of Christmas, my new friend gave to me...
The most beautiful pink clutch that I really, really need!!

This gift got me SOOOO excited when I saw it.  I collect purses, and that's something I don't think I told Danielle.  What makes this even more exciting is the fact that my wallet is on it's last legs.  I use a clutch style wallet every day.  I was going to wait until after Christmas to buy a new one - but now I don't have to!!!  What's even better is the fact that this one has a place for coins.  My clutch doesn't - and it was a pain in the ass to try and find a place for all my change.  I'm starting to think that Danielle is a secret agent of the North Pole - cause she has gotten me the most AWESOME gifts!!!!

OK, time for me to get to getting.  Lots to do...well, not really... but you know.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!