Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Few Nerves Bubbling Within

It's Tuesday....just one more day to go.  One more day to get through - then I'm off.  Off for a 3 day conference.  Off for Thanksgiving break.  I don't return to school Nov. 29th. 

I know you won't believe me, but I'm not excited about being away from school that long.  OK, I am excited - but more for the opportunity to have a few days to really buckle down on all the work I have to do.  I know - there's that word again....work.  **Insert eye roll**

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I mention the word "work" I'd be one very rich woman.  I'm kind of sick of it being the most used word in my vocabulary.  I bet I couldn't get though a single day without uttering it at least 6 times.  Geez.

So, today I'm going to be observed while I'm teaching.  No biggie, right?  Oh yes - biggie.  It's a formal evaluation - the big kahuna - a practice run of what I'll go through when I apply for my teaching license.  My stomach is a little on edge right now - well, that's definitely an understatement.  I must of swallowed a flock of seagulls in my sleep last night, and right now they are trying to find a way out.  I wouldn't mind butterflies - butterflies 'flutter'...how can there be something scary about a word like flutter?  I'm not feeling fluttering - I'm feeling full on scratching, clawing, tilt-a-whirl belly flops.  Not really sure why I'm this nervous - it's not really like me to get this way.  I'm just ready to get it over with - then these damn seagulls can go back to where they came from.

After work I'm going straight to the track.  I didn't get there last night.  *Warning* Lame excuse is about to follow:  I stayed at work to discuss my lesson for today with my mentor.  We hashed out some changes and some ideas for me to use.  I got caught up on a mountain of paperwork that I've been putting off.  I did some reflecting on my lesson plans.  I look at my watch and it's already after 4.  I know what you're thinking..4? Whoopty doo.  Most people are still at work.  Well, my school gets out at 2:30 - so giving myself some credit, I'd already stayed almost 2 hours late.  I looked at my gym bag.  I could hear the tears from within it - as it realized I was going to leave it sitting where it was for yet another day. 

I don't know what's wrong with me.  A good run would have probably been great.  I didn't do it.  Oh well, no time to wallow....I will go tonight.  Then, after my good run, I will be heading home to prepare for my 3 day adventure....my getaway...yes, I will dare to say it: My mini vacation. 

I will be cleaning out my car, packing my bags, getting my GPS directions ready to go....I can't wait...no, really, I can't wait.  I feel like the kids in the Disney World commercials - I want to jump on my bed with excitement. 

OK - so I don't know if it's the nerves or the excitement that is making me ramble on and on - but I have to stop NOW.  Time to get ready for work...the place I go every day to increase my teaching knowledge and skills.

PNOTD:
"Sometimes it's OK to sweat the small stuff - as long as you're prepared with a towel to wipe it away.."

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!