Saturday, November 06, 2010

Keep the Coffee Coming

It's Saturday morning.  Some may be celebrating the coming of the weekend by sleeping in.  Other's may be preparing themselves for a day out with the family.  Me?  I am celebrating and preparing - to stay in my office all day and getting as much school work done as possible. 

OK, so I'm not exactly celebrating.  Of course, there are much more enjoyable things I'd rather be spending my weekend doing - but having the chance to sit in my office all day and really pound away at some work is also exciting.  Being that I'm drowning in how much work there is to be done - knowing that I have some time to work on it keeps me positive that I will get caught up. 

Due to the current rearranging that has been taking place in my house, my "office" now consists of a corner of the room.  It's neatly organized.  I have everything I need at my fingertips.  I'm just missing one important thing - a coffee maker.  Coffee is my fuel.  It is my savor while I try to find every ounce of motivation in me to get the work completed.  Luckily, my office is next to the kitchen - so it's only a short walk to the "refill" station.  No doubt I will go through a couple of pots today alone.  There's something about having a cup of coffee in my hand when I'm at a point where I can't think anymore.  I can hold the warm cup in my hand, stare at the screen, take a sip, and BAM the thought comes to me.  

I wonder how many of you reading this are thinking "why is she wasting time writing a blog if she should be working on her homework?"  If you're one of those people - I understand.  I ask myself that same question all of the time.  However, just like my coffee is the fuel that keeps me going - my blog is the fuel that gets me started.  I sit down in front of my computer wondering what the heck to start on first.  Then I remember - my blog.  My blog is my routine.  It's how I start each and every day.  Ideas pop in to my head as I type.  The mental block I feel every day comes unclogged by pounding away here.  Have you ever wondered why my blog posts are so random?  Have you ever wondered how I start off in one direction, and end up in a completely different subject?  That's because I don't plan what I'm going to write about.  I just let my fingers do the talking - and what ends up on this screen is the mental block releasing.  Sometimes my posts are good - sometimes not so good.  I don't change them, though, because that's the whole process.  It's all about just getting something out - anything - and then I know that I can start my work and the thoughts that need to come will be there.

So, I'm feeling like the mental block is now gone for today.  I can start my work with confidence this morning.  I know that I will be able to open my books, open my faithful Microsoft Word, and get the words to flow.  Hubby is now in my office with me.  It's nice to have a little company.  I was worried that he would be a bit of a distraction - but that doesn't seem to be the case.  It's nice looking over and seeing him there - I just don't get to spend much time with him anymore.  So, I'm looking forward to my day.  I'm ready to get to work - and hopefully tomorrow I will be praising how much I got accomplished.  Fingers crossed.

PNOTD:
"I am positive that today will be a very productive day"

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!