Monday, November 01, 2010

Weekend Gone So Soon?

Where the heck did the weekend go?  One minute I'm walking out the door of work, welcoming the chance to get some much needed work done over the weekend - and BAM it's Monday morning.  Any chance for a do-over?  No?  Dang.

Don't you just love it when the weekend goes by so fast?  I had my whole weekend planned out:  wedding, homework, lesson plans, laundry, cleaning, etc. etc.  Well - I went to the wedding, and I did my laundry.  I'm pretty sure I had two full days of weekend - just like everyone else - so what the heck happened?

I know what happened - Hubby happened.  He decided that this weekend would be a great day to do some reorganizing of our house.  Thanks, dear Hubby!! 

As of right now, his "office" is in the back half of the living room.  For Mother's Day this year, he gave me the spare room in our house to be my office.  Being that I was working out so much, my office also doubled as the home gym.  Well, when he gave me the room, I guess it was temporary.  Now, he wants to move into my office with me - making the room a dual office - and put all of the work-out equipment in the back half of the living room.  He had the spill ready for me.  "Well, now you will be able to work-out and watch TV.  You always said you would like to be able to watch TV while you are on the treadmill".  Yeah, that's true.  What I meant by that was - buy me a TV for my office.  Guess I wasn't direct enough with my hints. *SIGH*

So, now the house looks like we're moving.  There are boxes of stuff everywhere.  My treadmill and stair stepper are in the kitchen.  The back half of the living room is in complete disarray as he is sorting all of his stuff to be moved.  I now have the fantastic job of sorting all of Zoe's toys that have been in Hubby's office since she was born - and find somewhere to put them - so we can get the rest of the moving done.

I'm pretty ticked off that I didn't get any work done this weekend - that I had planned.  I have a two big projects due in less than five weeks - and I'm about two weeks behind.  I didn't take my kids trick-or-treating this year, because Mommy had so much work to get done...I really didn't mean moving rooms and rearranging furniture.

Well, Hubby better get some work done this week while I'm gone.  I will NOT be wasting - yeah, I said it - WASTING another weekend next week.  It's bad enough that I'm going to be in my office every night this week trying to get caught up with the stuff I had planned to do over the weekend.  This is really where the office TV would of come in handy.  It means another week of staying up late, and getting up even earlier. 

Oh well, just three more weeks and I get a full week off.  Let me rephrase that.  I get a full week of staying at home to work.  Because of how behind I am - it looks as though I will be working all the way through Thanksgiving break.  Yay me!! 

OK - enough whining and complaining.  I signed up for this - not Hubby.  It's not his fault.  It's Monday - I don't like to start my week off with a rant.  I know I'll get the work finished - I always do.  I actually think his rearranging plan is a good one.  He's right about me wanting to watch TV while I work out.  Maybe this move is just what I needed to get my butt back on the treadmill.  Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.  We'll be able to spend more time together - even if it is while I'm pounding away at my work while he plays computer games - or whatever it is he does on his computer.  It's going to be good.  It will mean more room in the living room.  Less clutter.  A reason to get rid of some of Zoe's toys.  Good preparation for Thanksgiving - as I will once again be hosting the event at my house.  There, that's better.  Rant is gone - week is starting.  Happy Monday, everyone!!

PNOTD:
"Always try to find the good in any situation.  Negative thoughts flourish negative results.  Positive thoughts bring GREAT results, a happier life, and a happy ME!"

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!