Wednesday, November 17, 2010

See Ya....

It's here...the day is finally here.  In a few short hours, I will be in my car and on my way to my three day getaway.  I get to spend 3 1/2 hours in the car with three great friends....yes, ROAD TRIP!!!  HA!  Then, we spend two nights in a luxurious hotel.  OK, so during the day we'll be attending break-out sessions and general sessions...but they are with famous authors and the best of the best in the world of literacy and education.  The "best of the best" is my personal opinion - don't want to say anything I'm not supposed to.  I am actually excited to learn new things - it's truly going to be an educational experience.

Yesterday was an interesting day.  My second graders spent the morning taking tests - and then I had the pleasure of trying to teach an hour long math lesson.  Well, I had to teach an hour long math test that was being observed by my university liaison.  I knew that the teaching would be tough...the kids would be antsy, they would struggle with concentrating, and it was going to be very hard to keep them under control long enough to get them to learn.  All of those things happened.  Luckily for me, the kids absolutely LOVE math - and I will boost my ego up enough to say that I know how to motivate these kids to want to do math.  Yes, they struggled a little with listening to my explaining and showing examples - but when it came down to them working and doing the assignment....they did what they were supposed to.  All in all, it wasn't a complete flop...it wasn't a disaster...it was OK.

So, I'm going away for a few days - I'm leaving work behind me.  Now you know what's physically going on with me - but I figure I should update a little on my mental "situations". 

I'm still crazy...just kidding, well maybe.  After the weekend I had this past weekend, I'm not as crazy.

Things have calmed with Butter.  The phone calls have stopped - for now - and he's basically been keeping his head down...which I will take. 

I still have a mountain of work that needs to be completed by December 7th. I have a plan in place - staying with the plan will be the challenge from now until then.

My stress level is back down to "tolerable".  My loyal readers know that tolerable is still unacceptable - but I think if I can keep it in the tolerable range between now and May 14th..when I walk across the stage and receive my diploma...I will be happy.

I did not participate in the final weigh-in for the Biggest Loser competition.  I'm a little disappointed - but right now I have bigger fish to fry, and I'm not going to let it bother me.  I know that I've been doing a lot of emotional eating the past month - the scale shows me the effect it's had on me.  I'm the only one that can make those changes, and get back on the road to losing the weight.  January 17th is my anniversary of starting my "journey" and I will matter what the scale says on that day...I don't have time to worry about it now.

I'm ready for the holidays.  As much as I was stressing about being able to give the kids a little Christmas - I have moved along in that...and even though they aren't going to have the "extravaganza" of a Christmas they're used to, I still think they will be happy.

OK - so that's what's going on with me right now, at this very second.  I've noticed that there has been no comments on my blog lately.  I'm OK with that - I reiterate that I really don't write my blog for the purpose of others...it's my therapy.  I assume that the posts that have spilled out from me lately are far from amusing or interesting...I understand.  Hopefully, now that I'm feeling a little better, things can change with that.

PNOTD:

Till next time.  ;)
"When you feel like you can't fit another thing on your plate - then don't.  Focus on eating what you have, and if you have room....go back for more.  Trying to eat too much at once will ultimately make you sick."

1 comment:

  1. Have fun!!! Hope your stress lets up soon. That is really hard to deal with, I know. Take care of yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!