Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Warrior

Wow, what a weekend it has been.  Despite the fact that I'm writing my post at 10:05 at night - I feel rejuvenated, refreshed...my stress level has gone from a 14 on a scale from 1-10 down to a 5.  In a matter of 2 days, I've managed to control the crazy that is my life - the feelings, the stress, being constantly on the verge of tears.  For the first time in several weeks, I finally feel like I can handle all of the crap that's piled on my plate.

Instead of giving you a full recap of my weekend - I'm going to keep it brief.  I've decided I'm just going to do a little "things I'm thankful for" post instead.  It will hopefully kill two birds with one stone: a recap and an explanation of why I'm suddenly all sunshine instead of the rainstorm that I've been lately.  Here goes:
  1.  I'm thankful for my wonderful, amazing, terrific fiance.  He gave me the opportunity to get out of the house for a full day (and night) to have the opportunity to get some work done and to release some stress.  Not only that, but he also cleaned the entire house while I was "dealing with my issues". 
  2. I'm thankful for wonderful friends.  Having close friends to bounce ideas off of, friends that are in the same boat as me - in regards to school - and know what I'm going through. 
  3. I'm thankful for Sanity.  OK, so she fits in the last one too - but she deserves her own.  She's there to listen when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm so frustrated I'm ready to rip my hair out, and when I'm so stressed I want to bury myself in a pile of blankets and never come out.  She is the one person that I can share my deepest secrets with - and know that she will hold no judgment.  I can be totally myself around her - and know that she loves me, no matter what.  I can be be crazy, stupid, and do things that I will forever regret with her...and love every minute of it.
  4. I'm thankful that I got to get out of the house for a full day to work on "the unit".  The big project.  The cause of 60% of my stress lately.  No, I didn't finish it - not even close - but having the one day to escape to work on it was worth it.  I now feel like I know where I'm going, have gotten a great start, and now feel certain that I will be able to finish it in time.
  5. Lastly, I'm thankful to have amazing parents.  They are always there to help me when I need it - like taking Jelly for two days while I prepare for my trip.  Also, a mother who is willing to come and spend 3 days at my house just so I get the opportunity to go away and a father that is OK with the fact that his wife won't be around for 3 days.
So, this weekend has been great.  I feel better.  This week is going to be great.  I'm at work for two days, and then I'm off to a teaching conference for 3 days.  I'm really looking forward to that - just for the break more than anything.  OK, now I really have to get to bed - 4am is going to come very quickly.

PNOTD:
"Always show your appreciation for those closest to you.  They are the people that will be there when you really need them."

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!