Sunday, November 07, 2010

Here and There

Right now it's 6:44am.  In my head, it's 7:44am.  Yes, it's Daylight Savings Time.  Last night I got an extra hour of sleep, but got up an hour earlier - so did I really?  Bonus points if you figure that riddle out..HA!

Either way - 6:44, 7:44...I'm still out of bed before 8am on a Sunday.  What is happening to me?  My kids didn't wake me up.  Hubby didn't wake me up.  I woke up all by myself.  People tell me all the time - as you get older, you get up earlier.  OK, fair enough, but I'm 28 and already getting up this early on the weekends - what time will I be getting up when I'm 60??  YIKES!!

OK, so three guesses what I'm going to be doing today - and you probably won't need the second two.  If you guessed doing homework - then you are absolutely right.  I didn't get as much done yesterday as I hoped to.  I got a little side-tracked...well, a lot side-tracked.  My mom came over to pick up Prairie Dawn to go and spend the night with her.  Then, I took my brother and Zoe to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things because my house was a little bare of food.  Then I came home and went back to work for a couple of hours.  The whole time, Zoe was constantly asking me for things and wanting to play and talking - not exactly the prime scenario to concentrate.  Then I had to cook dinner - and after dinner, I got the "lazies" and ended up staying on the couch for the rest of the evening watching TV.  *SIGH*

Today isn't going to be much better.  I have to take my brother home and pick up Prairie before noon.   That means I will be driving to Oklahoma around 10:30, be home about 1:30.  Then I will hopefully be able to get back to doing some work. 

I have to admit, I'm getting a little nervous about actually finishing everything before it's due.  I'm either going to have to really buckle down -or I'm going to have to think of another plan.  I'm thinking that I'm going to have to start staying after at work, just to get some peace and quiet.  That's one of my biggest challenges right now.  It's very hard to concentrate on this much work with a 2 year old in the house - well, with a 2 year old, a 9 year old, a 10 year old, and a 30 year old....they all deliver an equal amount of distractions. 

I'm really tired of writing about homework.  I know you're probably tired of reading about it.  When my world is consumed with homework - it doesn't leave much else to write about.  I'm so sorry that for the past couple of days I've done nothing but whine about how much I have to do.  I make this promise:  I will not write about homework for the rest of the week. 

PNOTD:
"Take one day at a time. Get as much done as you can today, and then do the same tomorrow...eventually things will get done."

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!