Friday, January 07, 2011

First Friday

It's the first Friday of 2011.  Can you believe that we're already a whole week in?  I have a feeling this year will go by just as fast, if not faster, than last year did.  Ah, I remember the days when I felt like every day lasted a lifetime and I couldn't wait for anything... now it feels like my days go by in seconds and I'd do anything to have a little more time each day.

Despite missing two days of work this week, it hasn't made me any less busy...the opposite in fact.  I'm definitely hitting the ground running this weekend so that I get everything done that I need to.  On top of that list is going to see my family before they go back to England, writing a full week of lesson plans, doing some Pilates (yes, something new), and going for a run or two.  Next week is going to be exciting - the start (finally) of the C25K training, the start of the Biggest Loser competition, and the continuation of The Power of One Challenge - and I'm teaching all by myself next week, too!

A few days ago, I picked up a new yoga DVD while I was out doing some grocery shopping.  I, honestly, forgot that I had bought it until I found it last night while I was moving some stuff on my desk.  I have a couple of yoga DVDs, but they are more for working-out than really doing yoga.  I know that a lot of people think of yoga as an exercise routine - and that's great.  I, however, didn't want to practice yoga for the work-out.  I want to do yoga in the morning to feel refreshed, get my mind and body prepared for the day, and to help me with my alignment and strengthening.  Well, folks, FINALLY I've found the perfect DVD.

The DVD is called The Gift of Yoga.  It's a DVD focused on the practice of yoga - the meditation aspect.  It teaches the importance of posture, form, breathing - right up my alley.  It's broken in to four 20 minute yoga flows - perfect for me to fit in first thing in the morning!  It's amazing how great I feel.  I'm going to do a different routine each day - and if everything goes well with the Pilate work-out I'm going to try this weekend, I might incorporate a couple of days of quick Pilate work-outs.  I've never really done Pilates, before.  I bought a Pilates set last year - with the cool ball and everything - and it's still sitting, unopened, in the box.  Time to rip that sucker OPEN!!

OK, changing the subject a little.  I spoke to the school nurse yesterday about my concern with my 5lb weigh loss in 3 days.  She asked me to recall what I ate over the three days.  We figured out that the majority of my diet was liquid - soup, mostly.  Tuesday morning I ate some toast with hummus - but other than that, I'd eaten soup...low calorie soup.  She told me that I was way off with my calculation of eating about 1000 calories each day and put my number closer to 600.  That, tied with drinking as much water as I did, basically meant that I lost the weight because it was mostly water weight.  It was basically like I gave myself a little detox - what I needed, really.  She assured me that I really had nothing to worry about - and not to feel upset if I saw a little gain on the scale next week after eating regular food again.  I don't want that to happen - so I'm going to have to work extra hard to make sure I'm watching what I'm eating and really get my running on schedule.

There's snow in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday - that means I have to make the most of getting outside today and this weekend.  If the snow thinks it will stop me from running - huh, it's wrong.  That's why I bought a treadmill.  I don't want to use it - but I will if I have to.

OK, time to get ready for work.  HAPPY FIRST FRIDAY, everyone!!

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!