Monday, January 10, 2011

Ramble, Ramble

I was so proud of myself yesterday.  Despite the fact that it was 25 degrees outside, I went for a run.  I piled on a couple of layers, put my ear warmers and gloves on and marched my big butt out to the walking track.  I did the exact same podcast that I did Friday, but the cold really made me move - and I ended up completing 1.5 miles - which is .3 miles more than I did in the same amount of time - just 2 days ago.  I knocked 3 minutes off of my pace time - so the cold has its benefits, it seems.

After my run, I came home and gave the Living the Lifestyle page a make-over.  It was in dire need of some updating.  I updated it, more, for my own benefit - but it's nice to have a place where people can see what I'm doing to help me get healthy.

It's funny, to me, how much the page sounded like a "how-to" diet plan.  I preach and preach about NOT being on any specific diet plan - and then I ramble on and on about what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, etc, and then tell you what exercise you should be doing and how often it should be done....hmm, sounds like a diet plan.  And like I'm qualified to tell anyone else what they should be doing, HA!

Now, the page explains my "plan" but not so much in step-by-step form.  I explain how I'm working to achieve MY goals - and not just fitness related goals. 

This morning, I woke up to snow.  Not enough to get me out of work, but probably enough to stop me from running this afternoon after work, especially after hearing that more snow is moving in.  Last Monday, I was sick.  This Monday, there is snow on the ground.  I'm not going to get upset about it - I will keep jumping the hurdles...the snow won't be here forever.

I did my yoga flow this morning.  It felt great.  It really helped wake me up and get me ready for the day. 

Wow - can you tell that I'm rambling?  I apologize.

This week holds a lot in store for me.  The beginning of the Biggest Loser competition (if school isn't cancelled because of weather), the continuation of The Power of One and Couch to 5K. 

I'm excited to see what this week's project is going to be for The Power of One challenge.  I really enjoyed writing the letter last week.

OK, I can't stop myself...enough rambling for one day.  It's time to get ready for work.

Have a great day, everyone!!

Till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! You might not have been able to run this afternoon, but atleast you got the yoga in! and I'm sure you'll do something else instead, if you can't get out because of snow.. :)

    And ramble away, if ya want.. I like reading your rambles.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...now I feel bad about not getting out and exercising yesterday. It was way warmer here but dark when I got home and I convinced myself that I should just stay in and eat a bowl of rice (??) instead. I need your motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!