Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back in Time Tuesday - In To 2001

I left off last week with Fabio being ejected from the house by Lone Ranger.  Fabio had gone psycho on me after I refused to give him the keys to my car.  Now, the story continues...

After the "incident" with Fabio, I was done with him.  He was told by Saving Grace not to show his face around the house any more.  I tried my best to go on with life.  I kept on working at the nursing home.  MIL helped with watching the kids while I worked, and Saving Grace helped keep me sane.

After a month or two, I met a guy at work.  He was a very sweet guy.  He loved spending time with me, loved the kids, and was smoking hot to boot.  We dated for a month or two, and I had finally got to the position to be able to get my own place.  New Guy told me that if I got my own apartment, that he wanted to move in with me.  He wanted to be with me, treated me like a queen - finally life was looking up.  We moved in to a place together.

At first, things were great.  My life was better than it had been in a very long time.  I finally had a man that loved me, and wanted to be a father to the kids.  Things started to move a little down hill when we were put on different schedules.  Being that we lived together, our supervisor didn't think it was "appropriate" for us to work on the same shift.  So, she put me on first - him on second.  He would get home close to midnight each night, and I had to be at work by 7 the next morning.  Being that we didn't get to see each other very often, he wanted to spend time with me when he got home from work.  After a few weeks of very little sleep on my part, I started getting a little cranky.  I told him that I didn't want to be woken up at midnight to talk.  I didn't want to snuggle for a couple of hours before having to go to work.  I still had a baby that liked to wake up in the middle of the night to be fed - and him waking me up every night didn't help matters.  We slowly started drifting a part - and I ended up pushing him away for good. 

As I think back now, I could really kick myself in the a**.  I had such a great guy - his only fault being that he wanted to spend time with me.  *Rolls eyes*.  I guess I was so used to being treated like total crap, I couldn't appreciate a good thing...and it ended up pushing away a great guy.  Oh well, back to the story.

Shortly after New Guy was out of my life, I received a visit from Fabio.  He told me that he wanted to try to start over.  He spilled his guts about how the drugs caused him to do what he did, how he wanted to change, how he wanted to be a father.  He told me that he didn't just want us to get back together - he wanted us to completely change our lives.  He had spoken to his father, that lived in Texas.  They had discussed him moving down there to get away from the drugs, and to start his life over.  Fabio was all for it, on one condition - that I went with him.  I really thought that completely uprooting my whole life might work - so I did it.

Fabio went to Texas first.  He wanted to get down there, get a job, and get some kind of establishment for me and the kids to follow.  When he left, half of me was thinking that I would never see him again.  The other half kept the faith that we would move and life would be wonderful.  Well, unfortunately for me - half of the second part was true.  After a few weeks, Fabio called and told me he was ready for the kids and me to head to Texas.  I packed up the car with as much as it would hold, kissed my life goodbye, and drove 12 hours to start a new life with Fabio in Texas.

When I arrived, I found out that we were going to be living with his dad and step-mom.  Fabio had a great job, and he didn't think it would take very long to find our own house - but he wanted us there with him.  His dad was OK with it, so I was too.  Things started out great.  Fabio actually went to work every day.  I kept myself busy with the kids at home, and enjoying the company of his dad and his step-mom.  Things were good.  Then on September 10th, 2001, Fabio got hurt at work.  He hurt his knee and needed to go into the city to get an MRI done.  We scheduled the MRI for the next day.  The next morning, we took the 1 1/2 hour drive into the city.  We arrived at the hospital a little after 10am.  Things were weird.  It was hard to find anyone to help us, because everyone was huddled around TVs in the waiting rooms - doctors, nurses, patients, families waiting.  It wasn't until Fabio got checked in that we found out what was going on.  Two planes had just hit into the Twin Towers.  After Fabio got his MRI, it was straight back home to spend the next three days glued to the TV.  I will always and forever remember what I was doing on September 11th, 2001.

The days that followed were pretty much consumed with the events that had taken place.  Fabio had to take time off of work, but his worker's comp check kept him satisfied.  Things remained good until Christmas.  Tune in next week to find out what happens next.

"Reflecting on the past makes you stronger in the future."

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!