Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wedding Bells are in the Air

Not mine.  Don't get excited.  Nope, today I'm going to a wedding.  A few weeks back, I mentioned to the bride-to-be (who I barely knew at that point) that I used to do wedding photography back in the days when I had a life outside of school and well, school.  She looked at me with a look on her face like I had somehow been sent to her by the Heavens above.  Uh oh!

The bride-to-be is a teacher.  She explained that she's having a very small ceremony and would love it if I could find it in my heart to take some photos at her wedding.  This woman is so sweet and nice, that I could have been scheduled for major surgery on her wedding day - and still agree to do it.  So, I'm going to do something I haven't done in over a year - take photos of a wedding.

The good thing is, I'm no longer just the "photographer".  I have now gotten to know her a little better, and will feel more like a guest.  There will be other teachers there I know - so it should go great.  I'm a little worried because I will be using a new camera that I've never used for "professional" jobs before.  I'm also driving to a place that I've NEVER driven to by myself before.  The drive is nothing but curves, and mountain sides, and well - to be honest, anytime I go there, the drive makes me nauseous.  Today, it will just be me, myself, and my camera on the drive. *GULP*

After the wedding, I haven't decided if I'm going to come straight home and get back to work - like I should - or hang out a bit and do a little shopping - like I want to.  The wedding just happens to be taking place in one of my favorite little shopping towns.  Hubby and I take a few trips there each year, just to walk around and enjoy the sights.  I've never been by myself - so this could be a great opportunity to do some of that stuff by myself.  I always get a great work-out when I go - because the whole town is built on a hillside...so I'm walking up and then walking down.  Hmm, kind of sounds like I'm trying to convince myself that I should definitely go with the shopping.

Whenever I do finally decide to bring myself home - I have to get to work.  The next few weeks are going to be completely consumed with working on two big projects that I have going on for school.  Looking at the calendar, I still have 5 weeks to complete them...but in school terms, I only have three.  I really don't want to be working all of Thanksgiving break, and the week before - I'm taking my first "professional" trip to a conference in Little Rock.  I will be gone for three days - and I will NOT be taking any homework to work on while I'm there.  It's a professional trip - but it's also a break.  A break that will be well deserved, well needed, and something I can't wait for.

OK, I'm going to stop here - it feels like I'm rambling, and I don't like to ramble.  Everyone have a safe and enjoyable Halloween Eve.  If you're taking your kiddos Trick or Treating tonight - have fun!!  I will be passing on that - my kids have enough junk in the house, and I don't need anymore.  I know - I'm a mean momma - but really, I can walk into Wal-Mart on Monday and pick up a bag of candy for each kid - 50% off what I'd pay for it today....and it doesn't require anything more than the drive to Wal-Mart.  They'll be happy, I'll be happy...now that's what I'm talking about!!

PNOTD:
"Life is like a box of chocolates - and I'm a chocoholic!!"

Till next time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do a great job. Can't wait to see the pics. And YES - go shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!