Saturday, October 02, 2010

Who's With Me? - First Monthly Challenge

Happy weekend, everyone!!  I hope that you're weekend is off to a great start.  I had a great time out with some friends last night, managed to let off some steam, and now ready to get some work done and make the most of the rest of the weekend.

Today is "Select-It Saturday" which means I get to talk about anything I want.  Well, this morning, I've decided I'm going to host my first ever challenge - and if it goes well, maybe it's something that will become a new part of my blog. 

A couple of days ago, I told you all that I was going to start a challenge - but really never went into much detail.  The challenge was more for my own benefit - and the more I got to thinking about it, the more I decided I wanted to involve you all.  This is going to be a challenge that lasts for 30 days - so it will end on Halloween.  My first, ever challenge is going to be...

Code Name: Move

It's a very simple challenge.  All it requires is taking 30 minutes out of your day - every day for the next 30 days - and do some exercise.  It doesn't require anything fancy or elaborate - just a walk, a jog, a work-out DVD, or maybe some energetic dancing.  The intent is not to think about doing exercise, the intent is just devoting yourself to take 30 minutes each day to get some kind of physical activity in.  All the experts (whoever they are) say that it takes 21 days to start a new habit...I'm giving us 30, so maybe, just maybe, we can get into the habit of doing something physical each and every day.

For those of you saying "what will I win?"  Sorry to disappoint you, but this challenge isn't a competition.  It's a challenge for us to work together and accomplish a small feat.  If you're anything like me, you've had those days, weeks, and months where you just don't do as much exercise as you'd like to do or want to.  So, in the end, our prize will be the sense of accomplishment of making ourselves do something that will be healthy, good for us, and hopefully fun. 

How does it work?  Quite simple.  Each and every day for the next 30 days we do something - anything - that gets our heart rates up a bit.  I will post a comment or something at the end of my posts each day telling you what I did the day before - and you can post a comment each day doing the same thing. 

For example:  if you went for a 30 minute jog yesterday, your comment would say something like:
Code Name: Move - 30 min jog

It can be as simple as that - just letting me know what you did.  Make sure you put the "code name: move" at the beginning of your comment, so I know what you're talking about. 

OK - so that's it... who's with me?  Who wants to join in the challenge?  If this challenge is a success, I'm thinking I will start doing a monthly challenge.  Any motivation helps!!

Positive Note of the Day: 
The words "I can't" have come out of your mouth many times, and yet look how much you've accomplished.  Rather than "I can't" set your mind on "I will".

Till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Okay ... new follower here and one that's in "the move" mode. I even walked in the rain this morning.

    so .............

    Code Name: Move -- 65 minute walk in the rain.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!