Sunday, October 03, 2010

Summarize it Sunday - What a Week!!

Do you remember when you were younger, maybe 11 or 12 and couldn't wait to be a teenager?  How about when you were 13 or 14 and every day seemed to last an eternity, because you were dying to be 16?  Then 16 came, and the two years between then and the freedom of being 18 were the longest of your life.  I do.  I remember those times pretty well, and I also remember something my mom would say to me every time I complained about it - "don't wish your life away, before you know it the days will be going by so fast you won't be able to keep up".  Well, it's official - I've gotten old enough to make my mom's statement true.

I just can't believe that I'm already writing another Sunday post.  Where has this week gone?  Each day seems to go by faster and faster.  I was worried at the beginning of the school year that this year would drag, being that I'm so close to graduation.  Now, I'm thinking "my goodness, it's October already, really?"  It's the time of year that I start thinking about Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The weird part is I'm spending many more hours awake than I've ever done before - I'm usually up until at least 10 every night, and up at 4 (on the weekdays).  I'm awake about 18 hours a day, yet my days go by in a blur. 

Well, I can say, regardless of how fast this past week has zoomed by, that it's been a very good week.  Grover had a great week - was good every day.  Friday, when I got home, he had a sad look on his face and told me that he'd had a bad day.  When I looked at his paper, he'd lost 8 points (out of 50) because he was too loud during group time.  Even though his day was still classed as a good day, he was disappointed with himself for not bringing home a perfect score.  That, in my eyes, is amazing progress.  I told him that not everyone is perfect every day - and that I didn't want him to beat himself up over it.  Let's hope we're in for another great week.

This coming week, I will spending the first three days teaching solo.  I've been working vigorously on lesson plans all week, and have finally gotten most of them done.  I was nervous about it, but Friday my amazing mentor allowed me to have a "dry run" at teaching all day - and it went really well.  Having that opportunity really put the fire out on my nerves for the coming week...so now I'm very excited.

Yesterday, I was happy to see a few people sign up for Code Name: MOVE.  I would love to see more people join in - the more the merrier.  :)  We even got a new follower to join in the action, that was awesome to see. 

OK, I really must go - everyone enjoy your Sunday.  Take some time for yourself, relax, and MOVE for at least 30 minutes!!

Positive Note of the Day:
Perfection isn't achieved naturally.  To be perfect at something, you must practice, you must falter, you must fail.  It's the fact that you keep striving for the perfection that allows you to reach your goals.

Till next time.  ;)

Code Name: Move - 90 minutes playing PS3 Move (Gladiator, volleyball, and table tennis).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!