Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday - Finally!!

Ah, Wednesday.  Hump Day.  Middle of the week.  All down hill from here.  I could go on....I'm just stalling... but I hope that everyone has had a great week, thus far.

Yesterday was weigh-in day for my Biggest Loser competition.  For the first time since the competition started, walking in yesterday I had absolutely no idea what kind of results to expect.  I guess I kind of expected some kind of loss - only because Aunt Flo left, meaning my bloat weight would be gone. 
Every week up to this one I've walked into that room knowing if it was an OK week or a bad week.  I haven't really had a great week, yet.  Code Name: MOVE has been good, but I haven't exactly been giving it my all in the exercise department.  I've skipped way too many Cardio Circuit work-outs the past couple of weeks.  Playing a video game is fun, but can it really be considered exercise? 

Weigh-in days are kind of funny.  For me, it's like I go to confessional - in my head.  Before stepping on the scale I start to repent all of "sins" in regards to the should haves and could haves.  I could of worked out much harder.  I should of eaten much better.  If I have a bad week it's all my fault - I should have and could have done better.  I think that I've been doing OK with my challenge of moving at least 30 minutes every day. Then I remember that I ate too much at the Chinese restaurant on Saturday night. Then I remember that I've been drinking lots of water each day.  But then, I remember that I've been sick for the past three days and haven't really stuck to my challenge because of it.  By the time I get to the scale, I'm a bundle of nerves.

So, I'm on the scale.  I'm nervous...I start promising myself that no matter what the scale says - I will work harder this week.  I promise to not give in to the temptations of bad food.  I promise to try harder to do more exercise...

The nurse then jolts me out of my inner-mind pleas and reminds me of my weight from last week:  207.2lbs

The scale is doing it's little calculation thing...thinking...thinking....then.....DRUM ROLL, PEOPLE!!!

My weight for this week:  203lbs!!!! 

I was in so much shock when I saw the number, that I actually got off of the scale and got back on - just to make sure the thing wasn't messing with me.  Cause, you know, scales have a sense of humor and might think it funny to mess with me head **eye roll**.

Happy can NOT describe how I felt when I saw that number.  In five weeks, I had lost an embarrassing 2.8lbs - and in one week, I lost almost double that.  WOW!!

So, I lost 4.2lbs in one week.  I can sit here and do the math of factoring in Aunt Flo bloating and deflating and rationalizing that number... but FORGET THAT - I'm just going to bask in this wonderful, amazing moment....finally I see a solid weight loss - I'm still in this competition.  I also achieved another great accomplishment this week....I have no officially lost 60lbs since starting my journey!!!  Take a looksy at the ticker...WOO HOO!!

It's crazy how motivating it is to have a loss like that in one week.  For most, it takes a bad week to be motivational.  If you gain you just think "I will work harder next week".  For me, it's the opposite.  I see a great number like that and think "if I work harder, maybe I could beat that number next week". 

This week isn't about beating that number...this coming week is so much more than that.  Just 3 measly pounds stand between me and that 200lb line.  If I really put my head, and body into this week - next week could be the week I've been waiting so long for.  It could be fireworks, celebrations....VICTORY.  I don't want to get ahead of myself, though...4lbs in a week is a big number.  I'm ecstatic - but it's going to take a lot more than just doing better to pull another number like that again next week.  Time to slip into my Biggest Loser pants...start hitting the work-outs hard.  I'm pumped to do it, I'm ready to get rid of that nasty '2' in front of my weight...GAME ON!!

PNOTD:
"Sometimes it takes success to find the motivation that's been missing.  There's no time to dwell on the failures or successes...each day is a decision - will it be filled with good choices, or not so good choices?"
Till next time.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Savor the moment and then work, work, work to push through the new few pounds and see what you REALLY want to see.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote for today. I def. feel more motivated when I have a success.

    A couple of weeks ago I came down under 300. Losing the 3 felt incredible. I look forward to losing the 2, but I have a ways to go. I'm sitting at 294 right now. I've lost 36lbs. My first mini goal is to get to 275 by Christmas. I figure if I even come close it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, hellobody - that is fantastic!!!

    You can definitely do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!