Friday, June 11, 2010

Change of Scenery - Time to RUN!

So, you may have noticed that I have changed the background for the blog.  It's only fitting that I change the background to represent one of my goals from my weight loss:  to be a runner. 

I have decided that on the 26th of this month, I am going to run my 2nd 5K.  I'm really hoping that by that time, my running will be a lot stronger and my time will be much better.  My goal for bootcamp is to be able to run a mile in 10 minutes.  I would love to be able to run the 5k in 35 minutes - that's a very tall order, and over 10 minutes less than what I ran my first 5k.  The thing I keep reminding myself, though, is that on my first 5k I wasn't as strong and I had a really bad knee.  I finished that 5k in 48 minutes, so surely I can shave a nice chunk of time off of the next one.

This weekend, I really want to focus on my running.  I have had a chance to do a little running at bootcamp, but it's focused more on strength training.  That's great, and exactly what I need - but I also need to be training for my running.  I keep telling myself that on my "off days" between bootcamp, that I will run - but that hasn't happened yet.  Mostly because I'm so tired from the bootcamps, I need a day to rest before having to do it all over again.  One thing I realized last week, though, is that having the weekend off really made things tough for me on Monday. 

My hip-flexer muscle is feeling a little better - but still sore.  I did my stretches this morning, and that made the pangs of pain creep back.  I attempted a sit-up and the pain was there again.  I decided to hold off on doing anything else until tonight, because I really don't want to add insult to injury (pun intended). 

Ok, so goal for this weekend:  5 miles on the treadmill both Saturday and Sunday.  Can I do it?  Guess you'll just have to wait and see.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!