Monday, June 14, 2010

This Weekend Disturbed the Schedule

It's amazing to me how for the past 2 weeks I have done a great job of making time to eat 6 times a day, drink 100ozs of water, and get myself to bootcamp three times a week on top of going to school, dealing with three children, and going to bootcamp three times a week.  I get to a weekend that changes the "schedule" I had put myself on - and everything goes to hell in a handbag.

A simple case of planning a head would of made things run smoothly this weekend, but instead - I bombed!!  Saturday came, and I ate breakfast as usual and then ate my first snack.  It was then time to head out for my tattoo.  Spending four hours at a tattoo shop had a devastating effect on the schedule of my next two meals.  When I finally got home, I managed to make a healthy dinner and then Steve and I headed out for the evening.  Around 11:00PM, I found that I was starving!! It's crazy how going from eating six times a day to only eating three times can have such an effect on your hunger.  There's really not any healthy options available at that time of night, so we opted at stoping at Taco Bell.  The bad news was I did NOT order from the healthy menu - the good news was I couldn't eat all of the burrito I ordered because I got too full. 

Yesterday, I started out the day just fine...I ate breakfast, my first snack, grabbed a light lunch while I was out shopping, and then it was time to head to my mom's.  I missed my 4th meal, and then we decided to grab Chinese take-out on the way home.  I didn't do too bad with that.  I chose a light meal that was loaded with veggies, but probably still above my limit for proteins, carbs, and fats. 

I'm really not happy with my food choices this weekend, or the fact that I didn't do ANY extra workouts.  I'm really ready to get into this week full speed ahead.  This week at bootcamp is supposed to be a hard one, so I really want to get in there and make up for the "choices" I made.  I know that one bad weekend isn't going to kill me - as long as it happens on a RARE occasion.  My routine will now consist of bootcamp Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays; 30 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays; and Saturday mornings will be devoted to my running.  Sundays, by order of bootcamp personnel, will be my "rest day".  If I want to drop 26lbs (hopefully less than that after the weigh-in this week) in the next 5 1/2 weeks, I have GOT to start uping the ante on my work-outs.  It also means NO MORE sliding out of the food schedule either. 

This is my last week of school, so starting Saturday I am going to have to reevaluate my schedule.  I don't plan on sitting in the house all summer, so I am going to have to start planning ahead and taking food with me - if need be.  Fourth of July is approaching fast, which means another holiday full of food, fun, and drink...planning MUST be made in advance for that one.

I'm not going to dwell on things that happened this weekend, I'm going to learn from my mistakes.  It's the only way to do it, right?  In the words of Harley, my bootcamp instructor "I only live once, I'm gonna feed my taste buds once in a while."  Once in a while is the key part of that sentence...I did it once - now no more till I'm at least done with bootcamp.

Till next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!