Friday, June 25, 2010

While the Children are Away..Mommy Will Play (and workout)

Today is an exciting day for me - my kids are all going away for the weekend!!  Having a weekend alone is a very rare luxury for Steve and I, and this weekend will be far from quiet and relaxing.

Tonight is another bootcamp.  Tomorrow, my 5K at 8am followed by a day of shopping and walking around Eureka Springs, followed by an evening out with some friends.  Sunday will start out with some yoga and then FINALLY a little quiet time before heading out to pick the kids up.

I have to admit, I'm a little nervous with as much as we've got planned for tomorrow.  After my first 5K, I had to spend the day on the couch because I literally couldn't move from the pain.  Planning a day out walking up and down hills after this 5K hopefully won't be a disaster. 

Yesterday was a good day.  I took the kids swimming at the local pool.  It was nice to get into the water with my 2 year old - and amazing at how much I got to work out while having fun.  The pool has 2 huge water slides, and in order to ride them - you have to walk up 2 flights of stairs.  Well, that in itself becomes a good workout after the first half dozen times...but add in carrying a 35lb two year old up the stairs and the workout is increased 3 fold.  I carried her up the stairs about 10 times.  By the time we left, my legs felt like they do after bootcamp..LOL

When we got home we all needed a nap.  After waking up, eating dinner, and watching TV for a while I decided to go to Wal-Mart at 10pm.  My brother and I walked around Wal-Mart for a while, and I picked up Jillian Michael's Yoga DVD.  Being that I'm not going to be able to attend anymore yoga classes at 5am because of Steve working nights - I figured I'd do the next best thing and get a DVD.  My plan is that every morning, when I get up, I will start my day with a good yoga workout. 

Ok, so there's my plans for the weekend.  I will let you know how the 5K goes tomorrow.  Everyone send me good vibes that I not only get through the 5K in a better time than my first race, but also that I'm able to enjoy a good day out after I get through it.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!