Monday, June 21, 2010

Connecting with the Yogi Within

I am so proud of myself.  This morning, I managed to get out of bed at 4am to head to a yoga class at the gym.  The class started at 5:10.  I arrived with my yoga mat in tow - and some nerves twitching in my stomach.  I have done a little yoga in the past - but I'm in no way any kind of yoga pro.

We set up our mats, and it was time to start.  It seemed like in no time at all, sweat was literally dripping off of me.  It's absolutely amazing how stretching can be so tiring.  I was able to do most of the poses with little difficulty - it was actually harder to hold the pose than to get into it.  The warm-up was fabulous, the rotation was great - and then we moved on to postures.  They were a lot more challenging.  I did the poses, but man it was hard holding them for as long as we had to.  My arms and legs were buckling under the pressure.  I had a really hard time with the core work, but kicked butt in the floor work.  The final cool-down felt like I was in paradise.

I left the gym feeling so relaxed, rejuvanated, and ready for my day.  I really thought that I was going to rush home and want to curl up in bed after getting up so early - but I don't.  I feel more energized today than I have in a LONG time!!

I plan on going back Wednesday morning - but then I will probably have to give up going to the gym.  My brother is staying with me right now, so he was able to watch the kids while I went.  Steve works nights, so when my brother goes home - I won't be able to get up and head out at 4:30 in the morning.  I guess I will just have to invest in some decent yoga DVDs and get up 3 times a week nice and early to get my yoga in. It's such an amazing workout - low impact, but effective.  I'm really glad that I decided to get up and go. 

Tonight is another night of bootcamp.  It's amazing to know that this Wednesday will be the halfway point.  I already feel like I've come a long way, and I'm excited to see the continuation of my strength throughout the next 3 weeks.

Till next time.  :)

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing...very inspirational!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!