Thursday, June 17, 2010

Injury? What Injury?

So, after a long day of worrying how much I wouldn't be able to do at bootcamp yesterday, I came out working my butt off...literally.

After a quick meeting with the instructors when I arrived, they assured me that they would find alternative exercises for me to do that would give me the same benefits - but less strain on my stomach.  They weren't kidding, either.

I started out by doing push-ups on the beam.  I was so proud that I was able to knock out over 20 before hiting my "burn out" level.  A week ago, I could barely make it to 10.  Once the workout actually got underway, we were told that we were going to do circuits.  I was so nervous, cause circuits are all calasthetics - something I knew I would have trouble doing.  Well, I didn't.  I did push-ups, swimmers, donkey kicks, knee lifts, basketball tosses, etc.  The only modification I needed was for flutter kicks and mountain climbers - but the modifications were just as tough.  We did 3 circuits - 70 seconds each, 50 seconds each, and then 40 seconds each.  After that, it was another nice long run around the gym - twice.

The night seemed to zoom by, and not once did I start feeling any pain.  I left looking like I had just gone swimming with my clothes on!! I can really feel the strength that I've gained -and in such a short time. 

Next weekend, I'm running another 5K.  I'm actually quite excited to see how well I do with my added training. 

Wanted to give a quick update on Patsy.  If you remember, Patsy is the amazing woman I met at bootcamp last Friday.  Well, she's had some medical issues and last night she found out that the trainers really thought that she wasn't going to be able to do bootcamp.  The trainers offered her personal training sessions in place of bootcamp.  I was so amazed to see how upset she was - this woman is pure willpower, I tell you what.  She still hasn't made her mind up whether or not she's going to take the personal training sessions - because she thinks it will mean that she's "quitting".  I say - DO IT!!! I've never seen so much determination in a person - she thinks that it's me motivating her, but the motivation is definately the other way around.  She makes me want to continue with everything I have - just as she's doing.

Patsy, honey, if you're reading this I hope you take my suggestion and the offer of the personal training.  I will still be here for you - and will see you through your own weight loss journey.  Taking the offer doesn't make you a quitter...it shows your strength to do whatever you have to do.  :)

Till next time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! AND YES I TOOK THE PERSONAL TRAINING OFFER......JUST ON MY DAYS I DONT HAVE THE TRAINING I CAN GO TO THE GYM AND WALK/JOG AROUND THE INSIDE TRACK AND DO OTHER WORKOUTS.......AND GUESS WHAT IM ABLE TO DO SITUPS WITHOUT ASSIST.!!!!!!! THATS A BIG JUMP FOR ME AND MY FREINDS AT WORK LAST NIGHT KEPT GOING PATSY ARE YOU ON A DIET? I SAID NO WHY?THEY SAID YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD.......YOUR STOMACH IS GOING DOWN.......THAT FELT SO GOOD!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!