Sunday, June 27, 2010

Now That That Don't Kill Me Can Only Make Me Stronger

Are you liking the titles for my last few blogs?  If you're a music fan - you should of noticed that I'm trying something new and using song titles/'s fun to come up with them to associate them to my life..LOL

Anywho - wow, what a day yesterday.  Today's title couldn't say it any better.  Just 2 measly months ago I ran my first 5K, and after it was all over with I spent the next 2 days on the couch barely able to move.  Yesterday, I went from a 5K race to walking around for 2 1/2 hours to more walking around for another hour to being out until after midnight with my honey.  I have no idea where I got all my energy yesterday...wait, yes I do: BOOTCAMP!!!

Yesterday really was a true testiment to how much stronger I have become since starting bootcamp.  In just 3 short weeks, I'm a totally different person.  I posted yesterday how great I felt after coming home from the race - but inside I was still a little nervous for the busy day that I had planned.  In the hour long car ride to Eureka Springs, my legs started to get a little sore.  I was certain that when it came time to get out of the car, I just wouldn't be able to do what I had planned on doing.  I was wrong! When we got to Eureka, we parked in our usual spot - the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.  I knew I was going to have to spend the first part of the afternoon walking all the way up hill (and it's not a slight hill, it's a BIG hill!!).  We started walking, and what I felt was...nothing.  We walked, we browsed in some stores, walked some pain.  We stopped to eat lunch at a little outdoor grill.  I almost ordered a beer - but I didn't.  I opted for diet Pepsi.  I spent forever browsing the menu for something "healthy" - but no such luck...and then I thought, "hey I deserve a little reward for all the hard work I've done" so I ordered fish and chips.  I know, BAD food choice...but my first bad food choice in 3 weeks - so I'm not dwelling.  I will take my punishment on bootcamp on Monday if need be.  After a great lunch, all I could think about was working off the food I had just put in my further up the hill we went.  For 2 more hours we walked, stopping a few times in some stores.  I really wanted to go to a small dress boutique that I visited the same time last year.  When I was there last year, I couldn't buy anything - because they didn't carry anything in "huge" size.  This year, I was able to buy a GORGEOUS dress...and I felt amazing.  The feeling of being able to buy a dress in a boutique was a high in itself..such a motivating moment.  We finished out our afternoon of walking around and decided to head on home.

When we got home, I freshened up, put on my new dress, a little make-up and we were back out the door again.  We headed to Fayetteville.  The plan was to meet a friend of mine at a club - but before that, we decided to head to the mall for an hour of walking around.  By this time, I had spent approximately 5 hours walking/running around throughout the day...what would one more hour hurt?? Not at all!!  After our little mall walk, we went on to the club.  I had originally planned on having a beer - but I had two.  I did opt for light beers - so I don't feel too bad about it. 

Overall, it was a FANTABULOUS day.  I had such a great time.  Today, is my rest day...and I'm gonna do exactly that before getting back into my routine of the week to come.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!