Tuesday, June 08, 2010

My First "What was I thinking?" Moment Last Night

Last night's bootcamp was the hardest, thus far.  Even though I had or have no intention of quitting, there were several times last night that I said "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???"

We started the evening out with push-ups, sit-ups, stretches and calasthetics.  Then it was on to the obstacle course.  My team was the last team to run the course, which meant we spent the whole time doing core-focused calesthetics while the other teams had their turn on the course.  Spending a few minutes doing flutter kicks, push-ups, and swimmers before the course takes every ounce of energy out of me which makes the course 10 times harder.  I managed to pull myself (literally) through the obstacle course - not once, but twice. 

After the course, we had a 1 minute break and then it was on to circuits.  The circuits consist of flutter kicks, push-ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, basketball tosses (you do a push-up and then stand up and jump), swimmers, and donkey kicks (you jump up and kick your own butt).  We had to do 1 minute at each station, then sprint to the next station.  By the last circuit, I was literally crawling.  We then had another 1 minute break to find out we were doing the circuits again for 40 seconds each.  That was it - the "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??" moment.  I really couldn't do the push-ups, flutter kicks, mountain climbers, or basketball tosses, so the drill instructor had me hold a push-up position for each of those circuits for the 40 seconds.

Following the circuits, it was time for sprints.  We lined up and had to sprint 100 yards and back, then 200 yards and back, and then 300 yards and back.  I did this a couple of times - only having to walk back after the 300 yard run.  We did all 3 runs 3 times.  We then walked 300 yards back to our starting formations.  We then ended the night with some stretches - which I will admit felt SOOOO good.  I was really hurting more than I've ever hurt before we started stretching, but the stretches made everything feel much better. 

When we were dismissed, I had a quick nutritional check and got the ok for doing well.  I was then given a gym membership to use while I'm in bootcamp.  I was excited about that - cause that means on the weekends I can go and take a couple of classes to keep things working while I'm not at bootcamp.  I know, I'm a gluten for punishment, but I'm not going through all of this torture for nothing.

This morning, I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I'd be.  Don't get me wrong, I ache, but I also feel really good.  I guess that shows that I'm getting stronger??  We'll see.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!