Monday, March 07, 2011

Mini Goal Monday: Hard Work is in My Future


Monday.  The day of the week that tells you the weekend went by too fast, and there's still five more days until it's time to enjoy the weekend, again.

Monday is also the day that I start over.  Develop a new set of goals.  Focus on what I can achieve in the coming week.

Before I get to that, let me tell you about my weekend.  Not all of it.  Just the exercise portion.

Saturday, I was so busy, I decided instead of going to the gym - I would go for a run instead.  A trip to the gym takes about 3 hours out of my Saturday, but the time I drive there, change, work-out for an hour, shower, and then drive home.  A trip to the track takes about an hour. 

Due to the fact that I haven't been as consistent with my running as I wanted the past couple of weeks, I decided on Saturday to once again repeat Week 4 of C25K - which consists of 4 min jog/ 1 min walk intervals. 

I really wanted to clear my mind during my run.  My school projects have had a heavy toll on me - and I just needed a break.  It wasn't about the exercise, but getting out in the fresh air and focusing on something else for a while.  I didn't even mind that it was only 32 degrees outside.

I started my running.  Was feeling my body warm up.  Was getting a pretty good pace.  Then, my mind took over and all I could think about was the dang project and interviewing for a job.  UGH!!  I'm running.  I'm thinking.  I'm not focusing on the running.  That was until I realized that I had skipped my minute walk interval.  Yep, ran straight threw it and was half way in to the next running session.  It was that point I realized - I'm done with Week 4....I can run longer than 4 minutes.

Yesterday, I decided to head to the track again.  I wanted to move up to Week 5: 8 min jogs/ 2 min intervals.  Before my run Saturday, I just didn't think I'd be ready for an 8 min jog for a while.  Then, after my "oversight" I figured what the heck..might as well try it.  Well, I did it!!  I was able to run three 8 min jog/ 2 min walk intervals.  I also managed to complete 2.26 miles in almost the same time it took to complete 1.9 miles the day before.  I also received my fastest pace time of 14:28 per mile.  The first run was a struggle - but the other two I completed pretty easily.  Easily enough for me to know that by next Sunday, I'll be able to jump up to the 12 min jog intervals.

So - now it's time to get to the what I plan on doing this week.  I have been given an opportunity that I don't intend on wasting.  My lil girl, Jelly, has gone to spend a few days with her Grandma.  That means, for two days this week I don't have to worry about rushing off from the gym to go and pick her up from daycare.  Tuesday, I have to go to a meeting at Butter's school - but today and Wednesday I can spend as long as I need to at the gym...and I'm excited about it.

Without further ado - here's my goal list for the week:
  • Full 1 hour work-out at the gym Monday/ Wednesday/Saturday
  • Run Friday (8 min jog/ 2 min walk) and Sunday (12 min jog/ 2 min walk)
  • Push myself during all my gym work-outs to muscle failure
  • Work on increasing pace time at gym on the treadmill
  • Drink 60 - 80ozs of water each day
  • Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day
I really want to work on that last one.  Since my change over to kindergarten - my eating hasn't been the best.  Not the foods I'm eating - just the eating in general.  The schedule is so much different that what I got used to...and my calorie intake last week was much lower than it should have been.  I am now planning on eating my breakfast once I get to school, a snack during my first break, lunch during recess time (1pm), and a snack before I head to the gym at 3pm.

Oh, and a quick side note.  My first week in kindergarten was great.  I have, yet again, another AWESOME mentor teacher.  I like her, a lot.  We seem to get along very well - and we're having a great time getting to know one another.  This placement is going to fly by - I know it - but I'm now glad that I've been given this opportunity.  Kindergarten's not as bad as I thought it would be - it's, actually, not bad at all.

OK, everyone enjoy your Monday.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. im so glad you had a great first week at school!!! and AWESOME on your run this weekend!!!!!! That's amazing!!! Sometimes a crowded head is what we need during our run!!! Congratulations on your big milestones!! I know you're going to have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!