Thursday, March 17, 2011

Time to Get Back on Track

I did it!!

I'm finished!!

Senior project is done, finished, finito!!

I did my presentation yesterday - very well, I might add - and only went over my 12 minutes by 45 seconds.  I stood in front of my peers, my teachers, and my assistant principal with confidence and shared about all of the hard work I had done over the past six months.

The past two days have been a challenge.  Having to sit for 7 hours both days, surrounded by a plethora of junk food was hard.  Very hard.  I'm not going to sit here and say I didn't eat any of it - I did.  I didn't think of it as cheating or temptation or failing....I thought of it as just being a part of life.

I had a couple of cookies.  I ate breakfast casserole without asking how many calories were in it.  Yes, I even had a couple of oatmeal brownies.  For lunch I dashed for a salad...I really wanted a salad...I could have stayed in the room and eaten the from the junk buffet - but I didn't. 

Yesterday wasn't about thinking about how many calories I was eating.  It was about coming together with my peers and celebrating our accomplishments.  I didn't celebrate with the food - but I didn't feel guilty about eating it, either.  I knew that it was the end of something big - and once it was over I could get back to my "normal" life.

So, that's what happens today.  Life resumes....and so does getting back to my meal plans and exercise.

Today, I go back to the gym after being gone for more than a week.  I'm ready.  So ready. 

My body has not liked this hiatus one little bit.  I can feel it.  I feel sluggish, my energy is lacking...I need to be woken up by the refreshing feeling of sweat and hard work.

For the days between now and next Tuesday - I want to go into crazy catch-up mode.  I want to get into Biggest Loser Mode - because that's the competition I now have exactly 5 days to focus on.  Winning that competition would mean the world to me - because I have worked hard....the past couple of weeks has been a bit of a setback and I don't want to flush away the hard work I did before that.  I think it's time for some Last Chance Workouts....for the next 5 days.

I know, realistically, I'm not going to be able to pull the numbers I would like.  I honestly don't think that I'm even going to be able to pull the numbers I need to win - but I'm not going to give up.  I have to try.  I have to say that despite what I dealt with - I still finished strong.

So, here I am, basically saying I'M BACK!! 

That also means I'm getting back to reading AND commenting on blogs.  I've missed hearing from you all - and hopefully that will resume, too.

I need your support.  I need your encouragement.  I hope you haven't given up on me - because I haven't given up or disappeared or stopped caring about any of you.  You are what drives me each day...knowing that you're hear, reading about my successes..and sometimes lack of successes.

I also want to take this opportunity to give a little shout out to my Sisterhood challenge partner, Adah.  She has been so much more than a partner these past couple of weeks - she has been a true friend.  She has taken the time to send me emails of encouragement many times - and those emails have really helped get me through these past couple of weeks.  Thank you, Adah.  You have no idea how your kind words have helped me - and I'm going to give everything I can to be the best partner I can be.

Everyone have a great Thursday!!! 

Till next time.  ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Joanna! And my hat is off to you for your food choices...you sampled but didn't over do it. You thought about what was worth it for you to eat and moved on. I'll be here cheering you on for your final push in the Biggest Loser contest! You can do it cause Generation Determination rules!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!