Saturday, August 20, 2011

BYOC Saturday

I know, I know, Bring Your Own Crazy is supposed to be on Friday.... but I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any blogging laws by posting it a day late.  In fact, you better get used to it.  I'm not about to ask Draz to post the questions at 4am on Friday mornings just so I have the chance to write the post Friday mornings before having to go to work.  So, from now on... it will be BYOC Saturday!!

1. How much makeup do you wear daily, how long does it take you and are you loyal to certain brands?
I'm not really much of a make-up wearer.  I wear make-up when I have to in regards to work (which I don't have to at my new job, so I'm not wearing it).  I like to wear make-up when I go out with my friends or out to dinner... because then I feel like I'm "dressing up". 

When I do wear make-up, I wear foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, mascara, and sometimes lipstick.  I don't have loyal brands, I shop more with colors and price than anything else.  It takes me about 5 minutes to put my whole face on.

2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing your relationship with them (or even if there is one) and you try to describe this person in 5 words/short sentences.

Your oldest paternal aunt

Wow, this is hard for me, cause my dad has a bazillion brothers and sisters so I'm not sure which one is the oldest.  I'll go with the one I think is the oldest.

Strong willed
Loud
Aggressive personality
Tom Boy
Friendly

I know those words don't sound too appealing, they're not intended to sound bad.  I haven't seen my aunt in over 14 years.  She's in England, I'm here.  She's a great woman, though, and I always liked her a lot. 

3. Tell me about your first real kiss and how old you were.

Oh my.  Is it bad to say that I really don't remember?  I don't remember the first real kiss, but I do remember the first time I was kissed by a boy on the cheek....is that weird?  I was REALLY young, I'd say like 1st grade.  My "boyfriend's" name was Terry.  We were playing on the playground and the bell rang to indicate recess being over.  As we were walking over to line up, Terry came running by me and planted a kiss on my cheek and took off running. 

For some reason, I've never forgotten that moment.  I have no recollection of what happened after that, but the running kiss to my cheek still sits in my memory bank - and probably always will.  Cute, huh?

4. If I gave you $1000.00 and told you that you had to give it to a charity – which charity would you choose and why?

This one is easy for me to answer.  Without hesitation I'd hand that money over to St. Jude's.  The why is a little harder to explain.  I'm so fortunate to have never needed any services from St. Jude's or even know anyone that has (knock on wood) - but there's something about that charity that touches my heart.  I know that's it probably the fact that they help kids....but whenever I've seen anything involving the kids from St. Jude's, their spirit and strength has me crying every time.

I've donated to them before, and would love to visit the hospital one day to help out and visit with the kids. 

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Blog land has been mostly devoted to my new job.  That is, except for yesterday.  Yesterday I got a little deep about my love of food, and using food as my medicine for unhappiness.  I really let stuff go with that post, but got only one comment (thanks, Nanci).  If I use my current posts as a survey of my followers, it appears that writing about topics not related to weight loss gets more feedback.

I also got a Versatile Blogger award from Just Weighing in and Moving On.  Thank you for that!! I'll probably blog about that tomorrow. 

Real life - well, not too much going on.  I'm pretty overwhelmed, nervous, and lost about my new job.  It's not what I expected, in both good and bad terms.  It's hard to explain, but I'm still really not sure if I'm going to like my job or not.  I like the people I'm working with, but have on more than one occasion felt like a non swimmer thrown in to the deep end of a pool.  I walk around my room aimlessly, not knowing what to do, where to put things, where to even start.  I feel like my assistant is doing most of the work, because she knows what to do - and it makes me feel bad.

I'm hoping that once I get through this week, I'll learn more.  Then, once the kids start, I'll be able to get into more of a routine with doing things and my situation will start to look up. I'm trying very hard to just stay positive.

Today, I'm taking my kiddos to my mom's for the night.  It will be nice to get away for a little while, and let some stress go.

OK, so that's it for me...if you want to join in, copy the questions on your own blog, answer them, and then let me know you did it - so I can read your answers.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!