Tuesday, August 09, 2011

True Confessions Tuesday




 
Yes, folks, it's that time once again to let off some steam, confess your sins, and take a load off your mind.  It's time for True Confessions Tuesday!!!

 
I confess that I didn't write a blog post yesterday cause I really didn't have that much to write about - and I was making a last effort attempt to talk to a principle about a teaching job.  Nothing came of it, but I did get the chance to see a couple of teaching friends that I haven't seen in a long time - and I enjoyed spending some time with them.

I confess that this week has already been really tough for me - and it's only Tuesday!!  I'm dealing with some tough stuff with Butter - and it's stressing me out.  It's not a great way to start the week - I can only hope that things get better from here.

I confess that I was really happy - and very shocked - when I stood on the scale this morning and saw that I've lost 2lbs.  Yep, I saw 221.4lbs.  I do know that I've been trying harder with my eating - so apparently it's helping.  It was a nice way to start my day.

I confess that I've never been more happy to see rain than I did last night while it was storming.  I actually considered running outside and dancing a happy jig - until I saw the bursts of lightning, and figured with my luck - I'd get struck by lightning.

I confess that when I saw the temps this week are only supposed to get as high as 96, I got equally as excited as I was with the rain.  My first thought?  Oh, yeah - I'm going running this week.  Can you believe it?  I might actually take my lazy behind to the track this week!! 

I confess that, this morning, as I read an old blog post that I wrote back in January I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming sense of disappointment.  I'll be doing a whole blog post on it tomorrow - but it really put in to perspective how I really have let myself go this year.

I confess that I'm still drowning in the feeling of guilt - from being disappointed that I couldn't find a job in the public schools.  Even though I've accepted that I'm going to be teaching pre-K, and that it will be a new and exciting adventure - it hasn't stopped me harassing principles about other jobs that are coming available.  I think I'm just torturing myself even worse by doing that... it's time to get over it, accept the position I have, and move on.  I know you all agree.

On that note, I confess that it's very frustrating that jobs are filled before they are posted on school websites.  Why bother?  I mean, really - isn't it more trouble for the principle to receive hundreds of resumes, emails, and phone calls for a job that was filled before it was even posted?  It would just make more sense, in my mind, to not even post it.  No one will know.

I confess that I can't believe I've actually gained a few followers over the past couple of days.  People actually like reading this stuff?  Who knew?  I was so worried I'd wake up one day and find that I've lost about 50 followers.  To my new followers: WELCOME!!

I also confess that I'm going to try really hard to push myself back into blogging about weight loss... you know, like I promised to do last week.  I haven't kept my promise - but I'm trying...really, I am. 

Lastly, I confess that it's taken me close to two hours to write this post because I've been racking my brain about what to confess about.  Ugh, what has my life come to where I actually have to think for so long about what to confess?  AND, I couldn't think of a single funny confession.

That's it - I'm going to start doing something crazy this week.... just so I have better material next week.

OK, your turn.  Got some things to get off your chest?  Then confess!!  I'd love to hear them.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. Listen up - here's some tough love. You do NOT have to blog about anything - even if you said you would. I'm supposed to be a weight loss blog - um - I rarely do. Meh - it is what it is. Second - Joanna - stop it about the job. NO ONE is getting jobs in this economy - but YOU did - TWO offers...because you are so wanted. I want you to start a grateful journal. Each night - three things you are grateful for. Every night for a month and see if it changes how you feel. Third - LOVE yourself for who you are - good, bad, sad, happy, 2 lbs up or down, teacher, mother, wife or pissed off woman of the day - whoever you are, whatever you feel - it's yours - not right or wrong or anything to apologize for. It is beautiful - because it is you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!