Friday, August 05, 2011

BYOC - So Ready For Some Crazy!!

I don't know why I've been so excited to do today's BYOC.  Maybe it's because it's the first week in FOREVER that I can sit back, relax, and write the first thing that pops in to my mind.

You all know the routine by now, right?  Oh - you're a newbie?  Well, WELCOME!!  You're in for a treat.  I get these questions from my awesome buddy, Drazil.  I share my answers for your reading delight.  Then, you copy the questions on your own blog - and then share with me and the rest of your readers.  Sound like fun?  It is.  It's a great way to take a break from coming up with a blog topic...and getting to know each other a little better.

Okie dokie... here goes...

1. I’m going to pick a person in your life – not knowing if you have a good or bad, existing or non-existent relationship with them – and your mission is to pick 5 words or traits or thoughts to describe them.

Your paternal grandmother.

Haven't seen in 17 years
Not sure if she's still alive
Amazing
Tenderhearted
I miss her terribly

It doesn't say to give any back story to this - but I have to.  I moved to the US when I was 12 - from London, England.  My grandmother lives in England.  I kept in contact with her as often as I could up until about 11 years ago - when she suddenly moved, and didn't pass on a way to reach her.  Since then, I haven't spoken to her...and I'm not even sure she's even alive.  It's a heartbreaking situation, really.  It's definitely my own fault.  I could have been much more proactive in hunting her down - but I was angry when I was no longer able to reach her.  Getting this question has made me realize that I need to start contacting family members. 

2. What’s your all time favorite color to paint your nails? And your toes?

Pink and Pink.  All and any shades of pink.  I range from a mild pink to a 'get out your sunglasses' hot pink. 

Every once in a while, I'll go a little crazy and paint them blue or purple or yellow... but they are mostly pink.

I have only one rule when it comes to painting my nails - my fingers HAVE to match my toes.  I just can't wear two different colors....it drives me nuts.

3. Do you get along with your parents well?

Very much so.  My mom is pretty much my best friend...we chat on the phone EVERY day like teenagers.  I'm the oldest of six children - but I'm the only child to have that kind of relationship with my mother.....both of my parents for that matter. 

Even though there's no giggling on the phone with my dad - we have a very strong relationship. 

I adore both of my parents, and love how close we are. 

4. Speaking of rainbows – rank the rainbow colors in the order you prefer.

Pink
Purple
Red
Blue
Orange
Green
Yellow

It's funny.  A little over two years ago, I would never have put pink as my number one color.  Pink was girlie - and I wasn't.  Blue was my favorite color for years - when I lived in a Tom Boy world full of sweat pants and over sized t-shirts.  Since losing some weight, I've connected to my feminine side...and now my closet is full of pink and purple and red...not so much blue.  That goes for the nail painting, also. 

Oh, and I totally ranked those colors based on clothes... how girlie.  Not much of an orange, green, or yellow wearer....but definitely love how I look/feel in pink, purple and red.

5. Repeat question. How was your week in real life and in blog land this week?

Real life has been DELIGHTFUL!!  I finally got a job!!  I start on August 15th, but had to go for a TB test on Wednesday, pee in a cup for a drug test yesterday, and going back for my TB reading today.  The job has triggered some positive changes in my eating habits - that's fo' sure!! 

Last night, I opted to cook dinner.  I went with salmon and rice...something that has NOT seen the light of day in my kitchen for many months.  I've also been either skipping breakfast every day or grabbing a handful of cookies to eat with my coffee....not today.  Nope, today I went with a Chobani yogurt and fruit and nut granola bar.  That was my breakfast of choice when I was working in the schools...appears that my job triggered a switch inside of me.

Also, I couldn't help but laugh this morning when the local news station for my area reported that the breaking news for the morning was that a woman stole 185 Sunday newspapers...cause she's addicted to extreme couponing.  Hearing news like that makes me realize how lucky I am to live in my area.  If the worst crime of the day is stealing newspapers - then life is good.

In Blogland, I've taken a complete 180.  On Monday, I introduced my new monthly mantra.. Patience. It's ironic how NOT patient I've been all summer...then I finally decide to get a little patience, and BAM I get a job.  Lesson there?  I think so.

Tuesday, I basically confessed how much I hated the world.  I was in an Aunt Flo induced (hey, that's my story...and I'm sticking to it) hormonal bitch mode...and with it came the wrath of my self pity. 

After all that self-loathing, I turned the frown upside down after announcing that I actually found a job on Wednesday.  My spirits were lifted, the pity Gods apparently got tired of my whining - and blessed me with a job. 

Yesterday - well, that was the new beginning for me.  I was back on the weight loss horse....not only that, but I dished some secrets about sleeping with celebrities.  Yeah, and I included eye candy - for your viewing pleasure...you're welcome!!! 

It's been a great week both in real life and blog land.  I feel that I'm back...once again...and ready for my new adventures - both with my job and my weight loss.

How about you??  Were you thinking of answers to these questions as you were reading??  Well, then go and blog about it....make sure you come back and share with me, though, so I can read all about it.

Have a wonderful Friday, my dear friends!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

4 comments:

  1. As always love your BYOC!! I just did mine to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your BYOC! And congratulations on getting the job. It sounds like you are in good spirits.

    I decided to take on the BYOC, too, because it looked so fun. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, new follower here. You have a way with words, kudos! I had to chuckle about the rant regarding Aunt Flo... too funny and all too familiar!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!