Saturday, August 06, 2011

Christmas in August...If Only There Was Snow

Sorry my post is so late, today.  I got an unexpected call this morning - and had to rush out the door. 

One of the teachers I worked with during my internship called, and was cleaning out her classroom.  She called to tell me she was getting rid of a TON of stuff - and wondered if I wanted it.  Urm... OF COURSE!!

So, now I have TONS of cool stuff for a classroom....but I'll probably have to store it all away until I actually get a classroom in the public schools... but that's OK.  It was like Christmas in August.

Now, I just wish I could get the cold weather to go with my summer Christmas festivities... please???

The temps are still above 100 every day.  Actually more between 105 and 110.  I'm melting.  Well, I'm not - cause if I were melting, I'd be losing weight... I'm not.  I've decided that once I start work, and get back into that groove, I'll be able to sneak off to the track after work each day and get some running in.  I'm looking forward to that.

As far as the food consumption goes - I'm eating when I'm hungry.  That's not as bad as it sounds.  The heat is making me not hungry....at least when I should be eating.  I eat first thing in the morning and late at night - cause it's the only time that I'm cool enough to feel like eating.  The first thing stuff isn't so bad... but the late night?  NOT GOOD!!  I'm also eating stuff like ice-cream... cause it's cold, I'm hot... it makes sense.

Even though I'm not losing anything - I'm maintaining.  I'm still sitting at the 223lbs I've been hovering around for the past two weeks.  At this point, maintaining is better than gaining - so I'll take it.  I've noticed some of my pants are a little tight.  That sucks big donkey balls.  I refuse to buy new pants, though.... because I worked too hard to get into a size 16 AND because I'm totally broke and can't afford new pants anyhow.

I figure I'm going to have to suck it up - literally - until I start running again.  I've found that if I make myself wear the pants that are getting a little snug, I'm less likely to stuff my face too much.  Mainly because my circulation is being cut off....and also because it makes me realize that if I keep feeding my face, the pants won't fit at all.

Well, I'm kind of rambling today....but I got a post written, even if it is just rambling.  I've now got a trunk full of classroom supplies I have to unload and somehow find a place for.  That should keep me busy for a few hours.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you about the school stuff. :D As far as tight pants, smart move on using them to.halt overeating. I've noticed my clothes are getting tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I totally understand what a treasure you were given (I taught for eight years!) That is awesome!

    And so true -- it's good you are maintaining, rather than gaining.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!