Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life Lessons, Deep Thoughts, and Other Random Crap That Pops into My Brain

Life Lesson #1:
  • I am the world's worst at doing something I said I'll do....as in, "I'm going to take some time this weekend to plan out some blog ideas, get caught up on the blogs I've missed reading, and comment on those blogs".
I read some blogs.  I commented on a couple.  But, to actually read all of the posts I missed - it would have taken an entire day....and as much as I'd love to spend an entire day reading blogs and never having to get off my office chair...that just can't happen.  Apparently I have children that want to go out on the weekends and "do something fun".  They have not yet realized the fun in sitting in front of a computer all day and reading awesome blog posts.

Did I write any new material?  Apparently not, because you're being forced to read about random thoughts that are popping in to my head this very second....and, well,  we all know how dangerous this can become.

Deep Thought #1:
  • A person without stress or heartache can never truly appreciate the good that they have in life.
Yeah, I totally made that sentence of pure genius up (I think)... but it's so true.  I, 100% believe that without stress and worry and bad crap happening, it's impossible to take a step back and look at the good that a person has. 

Take me for example - oh you so knew this was coming.  A year ago, I wrote often how I was a person that "didn't do stress".  That was the biggest load of bologna I've ever written....and there has been pounds of heaping piles of bologna written on this blog.  While I'm on the subject... I think the spelling of "bologna" is completely ridiculous.  It's said Bull-o-ney....yet when I type it out, I want to say "bull-og-na".  Ridiculous!!

This year, my world has been 90% stress, 10% everything else.  The best part about it, though... is that all the stress has given me the opportunity to really take a step back and look at how good things are in life - and how good I have it, despite all of the crap. 

I may have stressed about not finding a job - but I found one.  Then an even better one.  I could say that all the stress was for nothing.... but then I wouldn't appreciate the opportunity as much as I do this very second.  The stress of gaining weight makes losing it much more exciting - I'm down 5lbs by the way.  The stress I'm going through with one of my children is the worst.... but I know, in my heart, that I'm making the best decisions - and as tough as those decisions are, I can appreciate the benefits in the long run.

Random Piece of Crap #1:
  • Why do women spend their teen lives trying to do whatever they can to look like someone else, and their adulthood trying to look like they did as a teenager??
I think this one speaks for it's self.  It's a random thought that popped in to my head.  I remember being a teenager wanting to look like all of the "thin, popular girls".  Now?  I'd give my right boob and butt cheek to look like I did back then.  *SIGH*

Life Lesson #2:
  • If you are a woman that claims to never suffer from PMS (like me), then I'm calling BS!!  It happens - just ask those closest to you who love you enough (or are stupid enough) to tell you the truth. Oh, and make sure you ask two days before Aunt Flo is due for a visit to make it even more interesting!!
Just last night, I was having a conversation with Hubby and Peanut and declaring that I don't suffer from PMS.  I was explaining to Peanut what it was - and that some women have problems with it.  Not me, of course.  The looks from Peanut and Hubby were that of shock.  I was not amused.  I do NOT suffer from PMS!!

Then, I got up this morning and went into complete demonic, foul tongue, crazy woman mode because my family is coming over today - and my house isn't spotless.  Peanut looked at me as if snakes were coming out of my hair, and fire was being spit from my tongue.  Hubby got out of bed and said just two words "Get coffee".  I then took a second to realize....Aunt Flo is due this week.  Holy grape flavored rat balls.  Light bulb went off, nuff said.  Being wrong sucks big green toad tongue.

Deep Thought #2:
  • Life is a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get
Forrest Gump was a freakin' genius.  My life consists of sweet gooey soft centers....that would be my Jelly.  Melt in your mouth truffles?  Hubby.  Chewy caramels - Peanut and Butter.  I'm sure you don't need to guess who the nut clusters are, right?

My family are a big box of my biggest weakness....chocolate.  I can't get enough of them when they're around.... but I'm pretty sure they're going to kill me one day.  I don't mean that literally, like they're going to actually murder me... I mean that I worry about them so much that they're going to give me a heart attack or something along those lines.

Random Crap #2:
  • This is fun!!  Just sitting here writing completely weird, ponderous thoughts.  I've even made myself chuckle a little.....What the hell is happening to me?
I'm not sure what you all think, but the stuff I'm spewing out today isn't that bad.  It's weird and random - but I'm having fun with it.  Maybe I should ditch the plan of writing out post in advance.... I mean, it's not like I'm really going to do it anyway - right?

I've always been told to not try and fix something that's not broken.  I've always written my blog posts on the spur of the moment.  Yeah, I know...there have been days when there has been some funky, gross build up on the creativity wheel... but it's no reason to completely take the wheel apart and start over.  Did that sentence make any sense whatsoever?

Other stuff that falls into one of the categories, but I don't feel like typing out big explanations for them - and I'm sure you don't want to keep reading all day because I'm sure there are much better things you should be doing, or people around you making you do stuff because they haven't discovered the joy of spending all day reading blog posts....as much as I know you'd like to:
  • You don't get credit for considering going for a run, and then running to the car to go out for the day.
  • Spending the day with a close family member can really be a great stress reliever.
  • When you play cards with your Hubby and oldest child, remember they are family - and the competitive edge can be dampened...just a little.
  • Don't act like a spoiled school girl when you don't win a card game that you've played with your Hubby and oldest child....you're an adult, you're supposed to be setting an example
  • If you're having trouble thinking of what to write a blog post about - just start typing all of the random thoughts that pop in to your head.  Can't promise you'll end up with the high quality of pure genius I just created...hold your rude comments....but it at least gets a post out of the way.
Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. This made my day :) I especially agree with deep thought 1 and random peice of crap 1. I was crazy to think I was a cow at 150, now that's my goal, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!