Friday, August 12, 2011

BYOC - Two Posts in One Day??? OH YES!!

I contemplated skipping Bring Your Own Crazy today - because I just finished writing a post for today.  BUT, after the solemness of that post, I need to get a little crazy....have a little fun....wind down after a long, stressful week. 

So, I'm doing it!!  Join me won't ya??  I get the questions from Draz, and we answer them to get to know each other a little better.  I want to know more about you - so copy the questions on to your blog and send me the link.  DO IT!!  DO IT NOW!! After you read my answers, of course.

1. I have to do some MAJOR cleaning tonight…which is prompting me to ask…what is the absolute worst thing you hate to clean or cleaning chore you hate the most? (vacuuming, dusting, laundry, toilets, floors, etc.)

I HATE doing dishes.  Washing them by hand?? No thank you!!  I'll load the dishwasher, if I must, but if there are dishes left over then it will be like pulling teeth to get me to wash them by hand. 

Lucky for me, I have a fantastic Peanut that will step up and do dishes.  Seriously, I don't know what I'd do with out that child.  Probably have a house full of dirty dishes... cause my lazy butt sure isn't going to wash them. 

2. Brown or Black? Fly or Drive? Hot dog or Burger? Gold or Silver?

If we're talking clothes - both brown and black are great.  I love them both.  HOWEVER, I have this weird thing where I won't wear brown and black together.  If my clothes have black in them - I wear black shoes/accessories.  If I'm wearing brown clothes - shoes and accessories are brown.  It's just the way I am.

Want to hear something funny? I actually own a shirt that has both brown and black on it.  I haven't ever nor will I probably ever wear it.  I can't.  There's some weird force field around it that gives me electric shocks if I even step close to it.  Just can't do it.

In regards to flying vs. driving - I've done both.  I prefer driving, cause I have a fear of heights... but I will fly if I have to (or if someone else is paying for the plane tickets).  I guess it comes down to distance being traveled.  Do I really want to ride in a car with three kids for hours and hours and hours when I could just hop on a plane and be there in a fourth of the time?

Burger is my top choice - but I also like hot dogs.  Now, if the option was burger vs. hot link - I'd take the hot link.  Hot links or brats.  I love those things - and love them more than burgers.  Plain ol' hot dogs? Meh, I'll take a burger.

Not a fan of gold AT ALL.  I have the same weird feeling with gold and silver as I do with black and brown.  Can't wear gold jewelry with silver jewelry.  I prefer the look of silver - on me - and so the little amount of jewelry I own is all silver....including my engagement ring.

3. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing your relationship with them or even if a relationships exists – and you then try to describe that person in 5 short sentences/words.

Maternal Grandmother

Loving
Funny (especially after a couple of Baileys)
Strong willed (has to be to put up with my grandpa for 30 years)
Caring
Super great grandmother (my kids adore her as much as I do)

4. Even if you don’t have kids, how do you feel about kids in multiple sports during their school years? Were you in MULTIPLE sports all during school? Forced or by choice?

I'm actually a mother that thinks that sports/extra curricular activities are GREAT!!  I also have kids that really aren't that interested.

My Peanut played softball for two years - and I loved it as much as she did.  Being a "soccer mom" is something I've always wanted to be since having kids.  I want the kids involved in sports, having a crazy schedule wondering how I'm going to get them to games and practices, and inviting family to games.

Of course, once I started school - that all went out of the window... but now that I'm done?  I want them involved.  I'm going to try and get them involved in more stuff this year.  I think it's good for them.

In school, I wasn't really active.  I only participated in band.  I LOVED IT!!  Peanut started band last year, but I found out last night at open house that the school is cutting the band.  It's now a "club" in which they will have to be at school by 7:30 in the morning to participate.  It was heartbreaking for me - more so than Peanut - cause I know that she won't be able to participate now. 

I won't ever force my kids to be involved - but I will encourage them, and support them.  If it gets too much, we'll cut back. 

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

Blog land has been pretty solemn and gloomy.  Hence why I just HAD to do BYOC today.  I don't wake up every morning feeling that way... but once I sit in front of my computer, I let everything out.  It's the greatest therapy I've ever had...and much cheaper.  As much as I sound like a whiny, depressed, self-loathing person.... letting all of that stuff out here refreshes me, clears my mind, and cheers me up.

Real life has been good.  I went to my parent's house Wednesday for the day - and ended up spending the night.  When I'm feeling especially down, going home helps boost my spirits.  It was really nice to just hang out with my parents, eat the comfort food they made for me, and watch some movies. 

Things were all good until I got home yesterday.  Then I received a text message that sent everything spiraling out of control.  One of the teachers from my internship school gave me the heads up that the school was looking for another teacher ASAP.  My heart started racing, I started shaking uncontrollably.  She told me that some of the teachers were emailing the principal on my behalf and rooting for me.

In those few minutes, my world was turned upside down - once again.  Here I was getting phone calls and text messages of outward support.... but then?  Nothing.  I tried calling the principle, tried emailing... no responses.

Something like that is like opening up an old wound.  I had finally put on my big girl pants and accepted that this year I was teaching Pre-K. Period.  Then, BAM....I get news that sends shock waves of excitement through my system... then BAM, alcohol on the wound.  OUCH!!

It's so hard when I hear how many people are gunning for me - they've got my back, and doing everything they can to help me out.  It makes the let down so much harder.  I'm now left confused... if I had so much support from the teachers - why wouldn't I be considered?

I've decided there's nothing I can do (read this morning's post).  I had a good cry.  I let out some of my frustrations - and now it's time to find those big girl pans and put them on, once again.

So - that's it from me today.  Now?  Your turn... GET TO IT!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

3 comments:

  1. I always love BYOC, these questions were especially good. I am sorry you've had a emotional week. I hope you enjoy your weekend. I just did my BYOC post too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egotistical me wondered if you'd skip BYOC and it made me sad - I'm so dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've had a rough week! Next week is sure to be better!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!